Boosting the TSL

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I used to put a TS9 with the gain turned off in front of mine. Sort of smoothed it out a bit. Left it on all the time whatever channel.

I heard Gary Holt does this with his TS9+ What did you run the output at? It worked ok on the clean channel?

purpleplexi

Reaction score
It's been a while but yeah I think so. I had it set so that it just added a bit of girth to the sound - wasn't really using it to add boost because as I recall the tsl didn't need it. It was always on and I was doing Zep at the time and those clean JP sounds like 'what is and what should never be' sounded pretty good to me.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
I'm still discovering sounds with my TSL 122 combo. It seems to like the crunch channel with an Ibanez Tube Screamer mini. The $80 one. That pedal has honestly beat out pedals that were 2 to 3x the price. After pedals get so expensive, they simply become not worth the additional investment and only make your wallet lighter.

The Tube Screamer mini is a pedal I've owned probably three times. It's been hard to find much of anything that beats it out. I regularly find them for $50. It's a no brainer of a deal at that price.

Through the testing process with speakers and a 1x12 cab, the TSL seemed to like the Eminence Swamp Thang as well as a Tonespotter. I will state right now that I'm disappointed that they no longer make the Tonespotter.

purpleplexi

Reaction score
The stock speakers were loud and bright. I guess the swamp thang would tame that nicely. Swapped mine out for G12H30s IIRC. Mine was a 60 watt.