Best Marshall you can't go wrong. Real Vintage

Emtbreid

Reaction score
Best Marshall amplifier I've ever owned from personal experience depends what you want to do of course where you're playing how loud you're playing kind of music you're playing but there's one that will always fit. 50 watt 78 Mkii dual 2 x 12 black back back celestial master volume. That app Will never let you down and it will sound unbelievable and of course since it's a 50 watt head dropped into a cabinet with two 12s and doesn't matter it's just the most awesome happy love her own it's easy to get around and you can always put more cabinets if you really think you need a hundred watt head you might want to still consider the 50 w 212. During the times I was playing with it I'd had so many people come up and ask me if I would sell it it's the only app I would never say no. If you can find one that's totally intact and original by the way there's no bias controls on it get it get the real deal throughout the years some of these apps have been debased by the wrong speakers the wrong tubes and then someone's gone and screwed with the electronics but what you want is the original exactly the original it'll never ever be a bad end no matter what you play I don't care if you play hardcore metal or if you're playing the blues it is the most versatile amp they ever made Marshall of course from England that's all I have to say if my experience yes I've owned stacks but this is about the best thing you can ever have on your side it's great for recording it's great for live performance is you've always got the option to stick the 412 in it's the best amp ever AC/DC use these amps forever 78 Mark 2 master volume.
I have a ‘78 2104… that’s the amp you speak of, and I agree, it’s an amazing amp… but they do have a bias pot inside them.

Attachments

• 5460414C-5970-433A-BD99-EA06B6C5A15E.jpeg
    5460414C-5970-433A-BD99-EA06B6C5A15E.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 6

1/2done

Reaction score
I bought a 2187 (same amp, no MV) new in 1977 I wished I had kept. It was traded on a 1987T and a 1960a around 1980, another one I should have kept. After looking for about the last 10yrs, I finally found a 2187 local to me. Other than replacing the plastics, it was good to go. 20220224_230836~2.jpg

Kim Lucky Day

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread (and the comedians within) gave me a great idea... but as always there was someone else who thought of it first. Now if it was a tolex phone case with just the logo on it... that would be real nice.

View attachment 103103

This thread (and the comedians within) gave me a great idea... but as always there was someone else who thought of it first. Now if it was a tolex phone case with just the logo on it... that would be real nice.

View attachment 103103
Kind of been there, done that... Resized_20220301_060438_resized_1.jpeg

El Gringo

Reaction score

View attachment 103103
Can you plug in your guitar ? Imagine blowing out the speaker in it ? Then taking it back to the Apple store and telling them this thing is a piece of crap and the shocked look on the kids face at the counter .

PelliX

Reaction score
You know at first glance what that looked like right ? I can't stop cracking up from this and from some of the responses on this page of the thread . Marshall Forum has to be the best Forum going !

Yes, I'm fully aware of that. My humor is.. uhm... edgy at times, let's say. ;)

All I can say in my defense is that if you know me, you know I'm just joking around. If I really intended to go too far - I would, and there would be no doubt about it. :D

El Gringo

Reaction score
Yes, I'm fully aware of that. My humor is.. uhm... edgy at times, let's say. ;)

All I can say in my defense is that if you know me, you know I'm just joking around. If I really intended to go too far - I would, and there would be no doubt about it. :D
This also proves that I really have to pay attention . As if I see a shiny object or a Pretty lady . After all I cant spend my time thinking to much as if what will that get me ? besides a headache .

PelliX

Reaction score
This also proves that I really have to pay attention . As if I see a shiny object or a Pretty lady . After all I cant spend my time thinking to much as if what will that get me ? besides a headache .

Just this afternoon I was playing Back in the U.S.S.R.... I don't think anyone got the joke. Perhaps it's better that way people don't overthink things... :rofl:

Latest posts