Best marshall giging setup: combo, 1x12, 2 x12, or 4 x12?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by usablefiber, Oct 21, 2021.

1. usablefiber

usablefiber Active Member

What kind of wood box is that? sounds like a great idea. did you make it yourself? i’d be interested to do that for my 2x12 instead of vertical

2. Rozman62

Rozman62 Well-Known Member

Ya...slapped it together myself. Took me like 45 min and its nothing special. Actually used plywood and strapping left over from another project. Bought 2 metal handles for the upper sides. Spray painted black and stenciled both band names on each long side. It's like 12"H x 13"W x 26"L. Carry crap to gigs in it then flip it upside down and toss a cab on it.

3. Solid State

Solid State Well-Known Member

To me, a grody half-stack is the meanest looking thing you can have sitting behind you. Dusty, ripped, covered in stickers..

[​IMG]

4. AtomicRob

AtomicRob Well-Known Member

I like using a 4x12 half stack if I'm playing an outdoor gig or a really large room, but otherwise it's my 4010 1x12 combo (best Marshall combo ever IMHO)

I started using that combo a lot when playing gigs in the city, when there's no parking by the club and I'm parked like 6 blocks away. Got a little folding wheelie cart which holds the 4010 and my pedalboard, just roll on down the sidewalk...

Jethro Rocker likes this.