Best headphones practice amp?

usablefiber

Reaction score
I need to find a way to practice using headphones for late night. I don’t really have a good computer or software or a setup like that i can use with plugins or whatever. I also don’t particularly like the little vox mini plug in amps very much: i always bump them and get tangled and such:

I know the spark is a popular choice as i’m sure it has bluetooth, but honestly i’m not a huge phan of app and computer style amps with a million presets and options and such.

i was looking at the orange micro terror which has an output as well as usable with my 1x10 little cab for practicing.

The dsl 1 has aux in and out jacks, not sure if that means headphone usable or if you can just use 1/4in jack as a headphones.

The dsl1 is ideal for me since it’s a grab n go practice option and a little more versatile than the micro.

are there any other good options out there? head, combo, or other i haven’t thought of? again don’t want to go more than a few hundred, the dsl 1 as much as i’d want to go.

also if there is some kind of tech option that you could explain to me as someone who is just awful using computer, let me know. Thanks guys.

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to find a way to practice using headphones for late night. I don’t really have a good computer or software or a setup like that i can use with plugins or whatever. I also don’t particularly like the little vox mini plug in amps very much: i always bump them and get tangled and such:

I know the spark is a popular choice as i’m sure it has bluetooth, but honestly i’m not a huge phan of app and computer style amps with a million presets and options and such.

i was looking at the orange micro terror which has an output as well as usable with my 1x10 little cab for practicing.

The dsl 1 has aux in and out jacks, not sure if that means headphone usable or if you can just use 1/4in jack as a headphones.

The dsl1 is ideal for me since it’s a grab n go practice option and a little more versatile than the micro.

are there any other good options out there? head, combo, or other i haven’t thought of? again don’t want to go more than a few hundred, the dsl 1 as much as i’d want to go.

also if there is some kind of tech option that you could explain to me as someone who is just awful using computer, let me know. Thanks guys.
Spark?

gregr

Reaction score
You can get really great tone with an amp in a box pedal into a clean combo amp with the pedal volume set low.

nickfox

Reaction score

Not sure which dsl 1 you're talking about. If you are talking about the newer DSL1CR or DSL1HR, they have an audio in and an emulated out. The emulated out (made by softube) will work with headphones.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackstar id core 10. Totally smears the Marshall dsl1's headphone out. Awesome stereo delay/ chorus. Infinitely tweakable through the blackstar website

Trust me, The headphone out on the dsl1 is absolutely terrible.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Just go with the classic. Always sounded kick butt-oxen too ....

8591916a-5ace-469f-92b9-b12a41b0c9b1.a4a04c8bb4e0a1c2c1c1442454569bbd.jpeg

EL 34

Reaction score
Hughes & Kettner - Spirit of Nano Series

I have the vintage version. It's awesome.