Best affordable 1x12 cabs

chromeboy

Reaction score
Looking for a affordable 1x12 cab for a Boss Katana MK2 head. I don't think boss makes a 1x12 cab only combos.
Looking for something under $300 as I may buy two . I prefer. Lose backed cabs but can be flexible on that.

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a affordable 1x12 cab for a Boss Katana MK2 head. I don't think boss makes a 1x12 cab only combos.
Looking for something under $300 as I may buy two . I prefer. Lose backed cabs but can be flexible on that.
If you're thinking about 2, why not the 2x12?
They are usually available under 3 Franklins used.
k09.jpg

ampeq

Reaction score
This is a great 1-12" cab for cheap money. I have one and like it very much.

Calebz

Reaction score
If you're a fan of V30s, thomann has a semi-open 1x12 for under 150. Wouldn't take much to make it closed back.

Joao Marcelo

Reaction score
If you're a fan of V30s, thomann has a semi-open 1x12 for under 150. Wouldn't take much to make it closed back.

I agree. I bought a 2x12 from Thomann. I disassembled it to remove the speakers. I could see that they use thick real plywood. Great stuff.

ssolo8

Reaction score
If you're looking for affordable you cannot beat Thomann. I bought two Harley Benton 1 x 12 cabs shipped all the way from Germany for barely over the price of the Vintage 30 speakers themselves.

C-Martin

Reaction score
Throwing an odd ball but I was looking for a compact 1x12 open back last year and didn’t have a big budget. I settled for a Mesa Lonestar 19” 1x12, sounds great and is built solid. I see them often on the used market and they’re usually pretty affordable. I payed 280 for mine.

jeffb

Reaction score
If you can find them, the Ampeg guitar cabs from about 10 -12 years ago were well built and reasonably priced with V30s in them. Ampeg stopped making guitar amps again ( and thus stopped making the cabs too, obviously) On the used market they should be a steal. I paid $200 for my 1x12 with V30 brand new from ZZounds/AMS or Sweetwater back then.

EVH, MESA ,Orange, and H&K also make solid and easily sourced cabs that are very well built, but you will pay a bit extra for them.

Avatar is the best option if they have what you want in stock (or don't mind waiting for it to be built if it's not)

Reaction score
There are quite a few offerings available of different quality. It also depends on where you live. If you don't mind a not so impressionable manufacturer, second hand cabs from Peavey (for US residents) are affordable. With a speaker swap, it would do the job. In Canada, Traynor makes excellent cabs, built like tanks, equipped with good Celestions (Greenback or V30) easily available on the second hand market. I acquired two weeks ago a second DHX 112 in excellent condition for $340 C (they sell street price at $559C. With the US dollars exchange, it's even better. My cab for instance cost $266.19US. With shipping, it would come to roughly $300US. Here are some of the options:

P.S. I do not work for L&M.

vtrain

Reaction score
Cabs on a tight budget? Look local, used. Or maybe GC used (knowing you'll pay a bit of sales tax and shipping, but their shipping is cheap).

Conghaille

Reaction score
Years ago I used Peavey 1x12 cabs for testing and comparing speakers. They weren't bad and were the best new-cost deal at the time. I'm guessing today there are cabs from HB, etc. that are a better value.

But yes: USED you can always steal a 4x12 cab for nothing. Too heavy to ship and buyers know it.

Solid State

Reaction score
I'd get an Avatar 1x12. The name brands are going way up. I have an Orange 112 that was around $350 a few years ago. It's 450 now.

Mrmadd

Reaction score
Here is a cab I refinished with a day glow art design. A Guitar Center special for $109. It was a B52 420 watt stereo cab.
They have several under $200.
Inventory changes day to day. Keep looking, you may find something awesome.
I already have, so good luck.
20220105_145414_compress81.jpg

Reaction score
I found that the Fender Deluxe 1-12 extension speaker cabinet works very well for the money. I changed out the speaker but it is a well made cab. Stock speaker is okay too depending on what you like. About 329.00 US dollars

Darin Miller

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Fender Bassbreaker 1x12 cabinet as an open box from Musician's Friend, and have been very happy with it. I have used the Bassbreaker 007 head through it, and a Super Champ X2 head through it, and really been happy. It is not heavy either. The 007 head and that cab is a great combination. I have the Bassbreaker 15 Combo which is a great amp, and surprisingly (at least in my mind), I prefer the 007 and cab combo.

Also have a Fender Deluxe 1x12 which was an open box purchase, and like it as well.

Rob Bishop

Reaction score
Avatar if you are buying new. I look at Craigslist every single day for cabs but I have issues lol
How do you find the EVH 5150 cab?. I bought one 4 months ago, but the freight company lost it, and I'm still waiting for reimbursement.

Latest posts