Because....Inflation

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Trelwheen, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Solid State

Solid State Well-Known Member

Reverb is a weird place. There aren't many deals to be had.

StrummerJoe likes this.
  2. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

I just saw a JCM 900 go for $900 about $400 more than I would pay.
    People need to not pay those high prices.

3. DreamerDeceiver

DreamerDeceiver Well-Known Member

Because they are creating a supply and demand issues.
    Why is gas more all of a sudden, as soon as Covid ends? Was $ 2.40 - so what made it $4 - 6 months later?
    Why is food more scarce after Covid has ended, everyones back to work in the slaughterhouse /packing ind.
    Why should everyone buy xmas gifts early.....because china/amazon/ups said so.

Made up inflation.....is the reason. Gouging during Covid kinda wasnt tolerated , but now everyones doing it because they can, no GOV recourse.
    6 mo ago everything down to customer service lacked due to Covid ,thats been the fake crutch and excuse for nearly 2 years. So whats the issue , and why are things more costly post Covid?
    Stores dont have any stock anymore, because they arent ordering it purposely to keep prices way up.Forcing you to buy whats available. Amazons been pulling this for 5 yrs now.
    Theyre playing theres an A$$ for every seat game. As soon as the troops leave the desert, gas goes to $ 4.
    Kinda like the housing market. No new building was going on, so Raised ranches are $300 k . Materials are down to normal again. but house prices are still way up . Why ? because theres no other options. Supply and demand my brother. Its all created for everyone to profit but the consumer. Not a conspiracy theorist, Im a realist. Again just typical Gov cycles, and the media pushes the strategy.
    Doesnt matter if its an Amp-Food-Home-Fuel. They crank the prices because of greed. Why? because they can.
    If youre the only tire shop in town, and everyone has flats.......are you really gonna sell the tires cheap?

DaDoc and MarshallDog like this.
  4. StrummerJoe

StrummerJoe Well-Known Member

I completely disagree with your reasons but won't get into it on the open forum.

Edit : And for whatever reason I can't send you a PM. If you want to know my answers send me a PM.

5. DreamerDeceiver

You really think JCM900 are only worth $500? 100 w Jcm 900 in most parts are $1000-1200 across the board.

You cant by a 20 watt for less than $1600 plus taxes
    Reverbs prices have always been all over the place. They lure you in for a ridiculously low price, and charge $250 to ship a head.

DaDoc likes this.
  6. DreamerDeceiver

Its ok to disagree my brother,....
    Its not a pissing contest, just an observation.
    :headbanger:

7. StrummerJoe

StrummerJoe Well-Known Member

All good, I wasn't looking to piss up a rope with you. :cheers:

8. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

They are destroying America, thats whats happening!!!!

9. MarshallDog

But the problem is some people will!

10. MarshallDog

I wont sell them but if I did I would get way more than I paid for them!

11. MarshallDog

And that is exactly why I dont watch that shit! Dam, the kardasian show makes more sense then the news over the past 4 plus years, seriously!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  12. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

Rick, my friend, are you are absolutely 100 and 10 percent f'ing RIGHT about that.

DreamerDeceiver, Trelwheen and DaDoc like this.
  13. Msharky67

Msharky67 Well-Known Member

I have been wanting to buy my first Gibson and now because of all of this my chances are shot. Nobody wants to budge on prices and think there going to get $1000 for a used model scratched dented whatever. ^&$#$that! But somebody has money because somebody keeps buying them and paying the stupid prices. Its not helping the rest of us who have to scrape up funds to do anything. Same with the amps too. I would love to get an SV someday but not at that price. $900 max maybe. I don't have much I want to sell right now or people would want. I am glad I got what I did this year. Yeah the grocery bills are stupid too. It would be nice to have extra income to save up for things but I don't.

14. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

Inflation simply means that our planet is rising in value. We should be proud. :mods:

15. Frodebro

Frodebro Well-Known Member

We were energy independent up until January, producing all of our own oil and bringing down global prices. Now we're back to buying it from the Middle East.

16. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

Big time . Also having to shell out for a new ride my gear buying is going on hiatus as I have to make that payment every month . It is just so damn crazy how the pandemic has reeked Kaos on everything globally , which sucks mightily but what else can we do ? Worst damn time for my car to sh^& the bed ,but that's how they say life happens . Plus Gibson my favorite guitar builder has now raised prices and there is a part of me kicking myself for not purchasing more gear prior to the price hikes , but I don't have a crystal ball . It has never been a better time to start saving for a rainy day as it's monsoon season now . The only thing we can do is hunker down and ride out the storm . (which has to end sooner or later )

DaDoc and Kutt like this.
  17. El Gringo

That's because we here in the states have more disposable income and disposable is the key , where in Europe things are tougher and they don't pay the wages like they do here in the states . Now try to import that Marshall head and cab from the other side of the pond and you will get hit with all kinds of import duty taxes and higher shipping fees , thus making it seriously cost prohibitive ,not to least forget the amp from across the pond will be set up for 220 versus the 110 we need here in the states . I know this from trying to get a 2nd 2555X half stack from that big shop in London called Andertons with the Captain and the other guy who make those product demos which are pretty good . Greed has gone thru the roof on places like Reverb and EBAY . I don't care what or who they are selling as I am not buying sight unseen from a seller that's a stranger and with all of the horror stories of folks getting burned and such .

Bill T likes this.
  18. El Gringo

That I did not know about and regardless of ones personal beliefs in regards to the jab -what are we supposed to do ? run the ship aground . Seems real dumb thinking and really shortsighted .

StrummerJoe likes this.
  19. Frodebro

Frodebro Well-Known Member

Follow the money.

StrummerJoe likes this.
  20. El Gringo

Are you mu cousin ?

Crikey likes this.