Batman Premier

V-man

Reaction score
If we are talking about “the batman” it was awful.

3 hrs of film; maybe 7 min of action

Overly-done darkened filming w shitty, out of focus photography to (badly ) emulate christopher nolan dark knight mood

shitty alternate events/narrative regarding waynes

literal use of the term “white privilege”

GregM

Reaction score
If we are talking about “the batman” it was awful.

3 hrs of film; maybe 7 min of action

Overly-done darkened filming w shitty, out of focus photography to (badly ) emulate christopher nolan dark knight mood

shitty alternate events/narrative regarding waynes

literal use of the term “white privilege”
I saw it at the movies and enjoyed it . Not like dark night enjoyed it , but I thought it was pretty good .
I expected to not like it but meh . Thought he did a pretty good job .

V-man

Reaction score
I saw it at the movies and enjoyed it . Not like dark night enjoyed it , but I thought it was pretty good .
I expected to not like it but meh . Thought he did a pretty good job .

Enough of what I put made it point-blank irredeemable, but if ever there was a way to salvage or successfully attempt that formula, it would have been to make a series out of it rather than a movie. I used to love sieges like Das Boot in an era where we didn’t have negative attention spans and smartphone domination, but the writing and plot development was also capable of carrying the committed audience through.

2 min of action for 45 min of drearily-shot, plodding slow burn is not much of a favorable exchange, but it beats the hell out of 6-ish min if action for a 3hr hostage situation. Also, that boring assault on the viewer becomes more palatable, if not workable broken up into small segments that development aspect of the story.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
it definitely could have been about an hour shorter... maybe even 1½ hrs...

it really was pointless to put the SJW/woke stuff in there, as it wasn't anything to do w/ the plot.

I agree about the scenes w/ the out of focus filming - lame...

Being a photographer myself, I remember some 20 years ago, where all the colleges were teaching chiaroscuro, as if it was the standard artsy thing. Then, came the Blair Witch cinematography style, & it creates a 2nd rate motion picture industry, where everything looks like it's filmed w/ pinhole cameras & using handycams. The whole DSLR turned video recorder doesn't help, either...

Here's irony... watch this video, shot w/ a couple iPhones, & sound mixed in, probably looks better than most of the filming in the Batman movie, in spite of their studios, etc. This was just a rehearsal in a church, w/ a couple iPhones...

AtomicRob

Reaction score
The whole DSLR turned video recorder doesn't help, either...
Huh? When a ~$5000 DSLR (or MILC) can create video with better quality than $50,000 ARRI cameras from a few years ago, that seems like a good thing in general. I'm a stills photographer so I don't care for all the video features getting stuffed into cameras and driving up the cost, but that's a different problem...

IPhone videos look great! ... On an iphone screen. ;) (Great Zep cover though!)

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Huh? When a ~$5000 DSLR (or MILC) can create video with better quality than $50,000 ARRI cameras from a few years ago, that seems like a good thing in general. I'm a stills photographer so I don't care for all the video features getting stuffed into cameras and driving up the cost, but that's a different problem...

IPhone videos look great! ... On an iphone screen. ;) (Great Zep cover though!)
the focusing doesn't work proper on a DSLR (for video), so, cameras have to be static, or fitted w/ special lenses, that cost in the thousands, so, they can have a focus puller...

In the batman movie, there were whole scenes that were 100% out of focus...

& do note, the lighting in the iPhone video is not good, but, the video/editing is more palatable than some of the video/editing in the movie, we are discussing...

Latest posts