>

Baseball Cards

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Trumpet Rider, May 17, 2021.

1. Trumpet Rider

Trumpet Rider Well-Known Member

I have a briefcase full of baseball cards. There are about 2500 of them from the 1990's - early 2000's. I pulled a few of them at random and looked up values, finding that all of those I pulled are worth around a dollar at retail (mostly Amazon, some Ebay listings).

I want to sell them but I am not going to list them one at a time for a buck apiece. I see similar collections on the local Craiglist for as little as $10, obviously people like me who just want to get rid of them, but I would like to do better than that. Any suggestions?

2. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

Maybe try and find a good trading card forum w/a classifieds section like we have here? While they use to be a big deal, I'd imagine the market for them is much smaller now, so having a very targeted approach might be the smart play. You're more likely to deal w/people who appreciate the true value, as well as dealing w/people who are ready to make a move for what you have.

Trumpet Rider likes this.
  3. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Kids dont build collections of baseball cards any more they build super teams with their favorite players on PlayStation to compete with their friends in tournament games online! :yesway:

Trumpet Rider and Marshall Stack like this.
  4. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

I have baseball and hockey cards from the 60s and 70s. They are not mint so I don't know their value. I'm just going to give them to my daughter when I die. Maybe they will be worth more then.

Trumpet Rider likes this.