Badfinger Cover

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
Not sure what you are asking. I didn't use a chorus pedal or chorus effect.

What were you playing? Vocals, guitar, both, etc.? Sounded like some chorus on the vocals. Sorry, not real familiar with the song though.

I like "Day After Day"

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
What were you playing? Vocals, guitar, both, etc.? Sounded like some chorus on the vocals. Sorry, not real familiar with the song though.

I like "Day After Day"
Yeah, "Day After Day" is great. Too bad Badfinger flamed out the way they did. If you are not familiar with their tragic story, check it out. Really sad.

I played all instruments and sang all vocals. There was a bit of 'verb added to the vocals and some EQ here and there. Otherwise pretty much straightforward recording.

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
Yeah, "Day After Day" is great. Too bad Badfinger flamed out the way they did. If you are not familiar with their tragic story, check it out. Really sad.

I played all instruments and sang all vocals. There was a bit of 'verb added to the vocals and some EQ here and there. Otherwise pretty much straightforward recording.

Wow, that's awesome. And yeah, when I said chorus, obviously I didn't know exactly. Sounds like it was your own harmonies like JParry said. That was excellent!

:hbang:

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
nice playing. never was a badfinger fan but you did good here.
Thanks, Rick. I only know 4 of their songs really. "Baby Blue" and "No Matter What" have long been among my favorite songs. I have looked for years in vain for a good best of collection, but the only Badfinger stuff I can find is the later albums. That was part of the reason I recorded this. I have a crap-sounding mp3 from the old Napster days and I wanted something with better hi-fi quality. Making my own is the next best thing.

edit: Out of curiosity I just checked Amazon to see what they have in the way of Badfinger. Wouldn't you know, they have a best of CD exactly as I described above. So I dropped it in my cart for later.

Last edited:

Dr.Twang!

Reaction score
Great cover! Nailed the parts! We used to cover this right after the series finale of Breaking Bad and people absolutely loved it.
Tom Evans was a great, great, songwriter and BF was one of the greatest products of the Beatles/Apple family.
Joey Mollands’ album from last year is worth checking out, too.

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
Nice harmonies Tim!!! Guitar sounds great as well, nice and crunchy. You played the drums too? You’re a talented guy !!
Great job :cheers:
Thanks. I would not call myself a drummer. I can hold a basic kick/snare line and then work out the fills (after many, many takes). I could never drum live, but I can get by for a recording. I'm not great at anything, but the advantage of doing it all yourself is there are no bandmates to annoy each other, and when someone plays a bum note there is no question who it was. ;)

Last edited:

JParry335

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I would not call myself a drummer. I can hold a basic kick/snare line and then work out the fills (after many, many takes). I could never drum live, but I can get by for a recording. I'm not great at anything, but the advantage of doing it all yourdelf is there are no bandmates to annoy each other, and when someone plays a bum note there is no question who it was. ;)
I like your style Tim!!:D

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
Great cover! Nailed the parts! We used to cover this right after the series finale of Breaking Bad and people absolutely loved it.
Tom Evans was a great, great, songwriter and BF was one of the greatest products of the Beatles/Apple family.
Joey Mollands’ album from last year is worth checking out, too.
In my few years in a gigging band we played a lot of great songs. But not this one. I envy you that.

Thanks for the listen and the compliment. This has been a fulfilling project.

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
Great job !! Looking forward to some more !! Thanks for sharing :)
Thank you. I do about one recording/video per year. I would like to do more but the ears can only take so much intense headphone work. If you are interested, check out my channel.

(shameless plug :))

Latest posts