Are Those Made Aware That They're On The Ignor List?

GregM

Reaction score
Soooo from this I can gather.... @Frodebro has NOT got @tallcoolone on his ignore list...:applause:
Was that the whole, this is better, no that's better, nuhuh, this is, no that is, fraid not, fraid so, well u haven't used it, have too, have not, have too, well u didn't use it right, did so, did not. Did tootootootoo, did not notnotnotnot.
I enjoyed that post, was like watching a tennis game!

Vinsanitizer

You are awesome.
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see the point in using ignore. If you can't exercise enough self-control to skip over users you don't like, then maybe you need to work on yourself, and take a good look at your personal relationships as well (by "you" I mean anyone, not anyone in particular). Also, ignore only works while you're logged into the forum, so if you can't exercise self-control when you're logged in, what good is an ignore feature going to do you when you're logged out and looking at the forum?

In my case, I don't put anyone on ignore. If someone's p*ssing me off, I just take 'em over to the Out Back forum, slap 'em around a little bit, and then I dust 'em off and put 'em back where I found 'em.

Just kidding. :naughty:
I don't have an ignore list.
I don't have any list.
I used to have an A-list, but they all quit or got fired.

Last edited:

Frodebro

Reaction score
I don't see the point in using ignore. If you can't exercise enough self-control to skip over users you don't like, then maybe you need to work on yourself, and take a good look at your personal relationships as well (by "you" I mean anyone, not anyone in particular). Also, ignore only works while you're logged into the forum, so if you can't exercise self-control when you're logged in, what good is an ignore feature going to do you when you're logged out and looking at the forum?

In my case, I don't put anyone on ignore. If someone's p*ssing me off, I just take 'em over to the Out Back forum, slap 'em around a little bit, and then I dust 'em off and put 'em back where I found 'em.

Just kidding. :naughty:
I don't have an ignore list.
I don't have any list.
I used to have an A-list, but they all quit or got fired.

I generally don't use the ignore function, either. The way I see it, if somebody gets under my skin it's only because I gave them permission to do so. And I tend to not grant that permission to pixels on a screen.

Frodebro

Reaction score
Barnyard rape?!?!?

Lol Just kidding bro. :)

-----------------------------

I can't think of anyone so bad I'd ignore them. I mean who here? (don't say me :mad:)

I have on occasion used the ignore function on people who were obviously just trying to cause trouble. Not because they could say anything that would rile me up, but because the temptation is too great to respond to them in ways that would rile the mods up.

The one time I didn't follow my own advice was when a certain troublemaker was banned from here, then showed up on another forum I frequent. I should have just bashed the ignore button and sent a PM to the mods to keep an eye on him because he was only there to cause trouble, but for some stupid reason I chose to post a quick response anyway. For my indiscretion I received a seven day vacation, but the guy did follow his usual agenda and was perma-banned by the end of that day.

Lesson learned.

Vinsanitizer

You are awesome.
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to go into the MF public console and type in: SELECT _tblIgnore.Ignorer WHERE _tblMember.User = 'AxeForMe' AND _tblIgnore.Ignoree = _tblMember.ID;

Let me know how it goes.
Or, you could just find the member and click the purple "Ignore" item. :D

Didn't see that before though. Dude knows enough SQL to get in trouble. :D

Last edited:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I have on occasion used the ignore function on people who were obviously just trying to cause trouble. Not because they could say anything that would rile me up, but because the temptation is too great to respond to them in ways that would rile the mods up.

The one time I didn't follow my own advice was when a certain troublemaker was banned from here, then showed up on another forum I frequent. I should have just bashed the ignore button and sent a PM to the mods to keep an eye on him because he was only there to cause trouble, but for some stupid reason I chose to post a quick response anyway. For my indiscretion I received a seven day vacation, but the guy did follow his usual agenda and was perma-banned by the end of that day.

Lesson learned.

Gear Pa**, huh? Hmmm.

I'd say it's a matter of relentlessness. If I didn't like someone and they had a post here and there or we really didn't cross paths I wouldn't even bother. Yes, but if there is temptations to respond to them to push the envelope further than yea. The "wrong" will lose in the end it seems here, ...which is probably "right".

He might be Armin Meiwes. If that is the case you don't need to worry however as he's "biding his time"

Gr,

Gerrit.

Jemand hat Hunger. :ugh:

Last edited:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Or, you could just find the member and click the purple "Ignore" item. :D

Didn't see that before though. Dude knows enough SQL to get in trouble. :D

I tried to make it more cryptic to boost the excitement! ....that would only lead to a tragic crash - it's a bogus as bogus can be. :shrug:

<insert vin'ster illustrative segment here>

:thumb:

Latest posts