Are all DSL40hrs sold out?

RJW

Reaction score
Are all the DSL40hrs sold out? Sweetwater, GC, and reverb don’t even have one listed. I just wanted to check the specs. I know there were shortages bc ive been waiting on my DSL20hr for months. But it was always listed online I think.

edit: I realize now that they don’t make a DSL40 head. That explains my trouble. It’s been a long expensive weeks for me.

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Are all the DSL40hrs sold out? Sweetwater, GC, and reverb don’t even have one listed. I just wanted to check the specs. I know there were shortages bc ive been waiting on my DSL20hr for months. But it was always listed online I think.
If looking for specs go to the marshall site. If looking to buy I see they are in stock at zzounds.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
40HR never existed.
20HR in stock at my local GC.
Capture20.JPG
Who did you order from?

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Are all the DSL40hrs sold out?
As @fitz288 said, they were never 'Sold In'.

Despite many calling for a head version of the DSL40CR (and the DSL40C in its day) Marshall have never seen fit to make one.
There are some MF'ers who have gone ahead and 'Headed' off their DSL401, DSL40C & DSL40CR combos.
A forum search may find them, but they are as you'd expect: a 40W head, but 'upside down' because of the combo faceplate.

I think if I was ever tempted to try 'heading' my 40CR, I'd set the chassis the correct way up with the faceplate writing upside down because I know what the knobs do anyhow, and no one (who matters) could tell at a distance.

If you want a new DSL head then I'd recommend the DSL100HR.
With the twin Master Volumes and 50W mode, you can use the amp at any volume from bedroom to gig.

https://www.marshallforum.com/threads/splitting-a-dsl40cr-head-2x12-cab.122378/

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Just looked on reverb there are no JCM2000 DSL100 to be had! None, I never thought they would become a rare item!

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Just looked on reverb there are no JCM2000 DSL100 to be had! None, I never thought they would become a rare item!
I've been watching lots of places for about 5 months now and I've only seen maybe 6. Ordered 1 when I had the cash and it had problems so I shipped it back. Still keeping my eyes peeled but Christmas time and all so I probably won't be able to get one for a while.

I think they're getting rare due to the run away bias issues. I can't even find where to get a replacement board anymore either.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
The DSL20HR's are also in stock at AMS (American Musical Supply). They are my #1 online store for nearly 20 years now. Just saying they are great and reliable. :cool:

EDIT:
It appears they are in stock at multiple places. Musicians Friend, AMS, Guitar Center and Sweetwater. From what I've seen lately GC has been selling floor models of certain amps as new and I don't know if MF is pulling the same stunt since they are owned by the same company.

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I've been watching lots of places for about 5 months now and I've only seen maybe 6. Ordered 1 when I had the cash and it had problems so I shipped it back. Still keeping my eyes peeled but Christmas time and all so I probably won't be able to get one for a while.

I think they're getting rare due to the run away bias issues. I can't even find where to get a replacement board anymore either.
Yeah my buddy's DSL100 recently burned up and the tech said he needs a new board thats not available plus with the labor will be about $500 to fix, he suggested just buy a new amp.