>

Anyone use a GT-100 with a JVM4?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by PowerTube44, Sep 16, 2021.

1. PowerTube44

PowerTube44 Well-Known Member

I'm not quite following the whole "duplicate patches except for the channel" thing.

Let's say that I want:

A Clean patch. It switches to the Clean channel, which is on Green Mode where I left it. It has chorus and reverb in the loop.

An Overdrive patch. It switches to the OD1 channel, which is on the Orange Mode where I left it. It has an overdrive in the front and a delay in the loop, via 4-cable method.

Why would these patches need to be identical in any way, except for the channel assignment?

2. fitz288

fitz288 Well-Known Yinzer Silver Supporting Member

The patches can be as different as you want AND switch channels.
    It's just that you said you only wanted channel switching.
    Channel switching is just an option on any patch.
    But if you want the same GT-100 settings on 2 (or more) different channels, you would need to duplicate the patch(s) with the different channel assignment.

SkyMonkey and PowerTube44 like this.
  3. PowerTube44

PowerTube44 Well-Known Member

I see. Yeah, that makes sense. I have a quite a few patches that are about 95% the same, and the reason is because of the different pickups/woods, etc.. in my guitars. One will sound better with a Carvin, one with a Jackson, etc...

So I'm debating. The JCM 2000 DSL 100 is sounding really good and I don't seem to have the bias drift issue (maybe a former owner dealt with it?), but I'm also considering long-term reliability.

fitz288 likes this.
  4. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey Well-Known Member

Just find the 4 tones you want from the JVM channels. Save them against a bank of 4 blank GT patches. Then add in the loop TBEs you want for each channel patch.

PowerTube44 and fitz288 like this.
  5. masher_uk

masher_uk Member

I have a JVM2 and a JVM4. Any Mode and any Channel combination can be switched via MIDI by saving as a patch on my GT-10 so I don't see why the GT-100 would be any different. To save a Mode/Channel setting (eg Amber/OD1) to a footswitch (eg 1-1) do the following:

1. Set the Boss to any other footswitch, eg 1-2.
    2. Set the JVM Mode and Channel.
    3. Double press the "Footswitch/Midi Program" button - Red LED will start flashing.
    4. Press the Boss footswitch you want to save the setting to (1-1 in this example). Red LED will stop flashing and the patch is saved.
    5. Repeat as required for other footswitches and Bob's your auntie's brother - simples!

Note that the rotary dial settings (Volume, Treble, etc) cannot be saved. Hope that helps.

SkyMonkey and PowerTube44 like this.