Anyone here have a stock Fender Pro II Strat?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Vinsanitizer, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ ✴- - - - - TEH - - - - -✴ ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Plug into an amp and turn up the gain.

Set the pickup switch to the bridge and middle pickups, guitar volume on 10, and the tone (middle knob) rolled to 0.

Play some chords and solos and let me know what you think of that and stuff.

2. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

3. fitz288

fitz288 Well-Known Yinzer Silver Supporting Member

I have an Ultra with stock noiseless if that counts.
    Prefer the bridge/neck option myself.
    Always roll the tone back with volume on full, but not all the way to 0.
    I would think it sounds like you put the amp in a closet.

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  4. RLW59

RLW59 Well-Known Member

Volume 10 tone 0 + distortion has been awesome ever since Clapton discovered Woman Tone.

I generally use the neck pickup for that, but I'll give bridge+middle a try later today when the housemates are awake.

(My Strat has a mismatched set of pickups and doesn't have great quack so my results may differ.)

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  5. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ ✴- - - - - TEH - - - - -✴ ✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴ Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

It's specific to the pickups and electronics in this guitar. "V Mod" pickups (which otherwise suck: noisiest things I ever heard in a guitar). The middle & bridge with the tone off sounds like a cocked back wah. Kinda woman tone, but more than that. Most Strats I've had would get anywhere near this pronounced - they've all sounded like an "amp in a closet".

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else with the same exact stock model and parts was getting what I'm getting, and how you (you) like it.

FWIW, the neck/bridge thing on this guitar sounds better than the bridge alone with either selection's tone on zero.

I'm having fun with this at the moment, but in the future I'm just going to take out the entire pick guard & electronics assembly, store it as a ready-to-go original, and pop in a whole new one with a SSH config: Texas Specials for the neck & middle spots, some white humbucker in the bridge.

Kinkless Tetrode and fitz288 like this.