>

Anyone here back to gigging after a year of lockdown?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by flyinguitars, Mar 18, 2021.

1. flyinguitars

flyinguitars Well-Known Member

We have our first show in two weeks since September 2020 and it's indoors. The theater is having us play 2 shows 6pm and 9pm at 50% capacity. They are also offering a pay per view live stream for each show. The theater is in PA and it seems that there are still some varying limitations in PA because we just lost a big outdoor festival in July due to covid restrictions and concerns.

Other that that we have some other indoor, outdoor shows and festivals in PA, NY, MD, and DE this summer that seem to be planning on operating as normal pre-covid.

How is everyone here else doing as far as gigs in other parts of the country and world?

BTW everyone in our band had covid with the exception of one member....but he had the pfizer vaccine.

Alter, WellBurnTheSky, dslman and 6 others like this.
  2. Chrome

Chrome Firebird Freak Gold Supporting Member

we have never stopped gigging, we did slow down a bit, but it was by choice to have more time in the studio. after the initial shutdown early last year, Tennessee opened back up and with the exception of the bigger cities like Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville, its been wide open since about June last year.

flyinguitars likes this.
  3. Australian

Australian Green Beret Silver Supporting Member VIP Member

I’ve been doing solo gigs.
    My band just started rehearsing again this month after a year of in and out of lockdown .

flyinguitars likes this.
  4. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

We've got bookings for after lockdown ends but have not rehearsed for over 12 months:eek:

Jethro Rocker and flyinguitars like this.
  5. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

You and your kid got covid? How did you get it?

6. flyinguitars

Yes. My daughter got it at school last August. She lives in a sorority house and they all got it within a few days of each other. Before the first ones were symptomatic, my daughter came home for the weekend on a Friday. The next day (Saturday), my daughter got notification that a few girls in the sorority took the test and were positive...... within hours my daughter had a fever. On Sunday I had a fever....on Monday my wife and both sons had a fever. We all tested positive. I was really careful up until then as far as disinfecting items, wearing masks, washing hands, etc....but she brought it right into our house and we all caught it immediately.
    My kids were symptomatic for about 2 days and then fine...my wife and I were sick with high fever for several days and brutal headache and body aches. Even though we were pretty sick, we never felt like we were in critical condition and none of us required doctor's care or any medical attention. We just weathered it like a bad cold or flu and were ok after a week or so.

The rest of the band had similar symptoms when they got it. Luckily none of us had severe cases and everyone is back to normal....one guy in the band didn't have it but got the Pfizer vaccine last month, so hopefully we are all good for a while.

7. CraigP

CraigP Well-Known Member

Any info on "pay per view live stream"?

Might like to see that show :)

flyinguitars likes this.
  8. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

We will be at it at some point. Will be in studio next month. Being very cautious here i have co morbidity to this so...

It looks like hopefully things start up like June gig wise. We have an outdoor private party to do sometime in June.
    Glad you didn't get it too bad,@flyinguitars . Young people are dying from this.

flyinguitars likes this.
  9. Sir Don

Sir Don Well-Known Member

Still gigging, just not as often, hopefully it will pick up again.

flyinguitars likes this.
  10. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer . Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

I've moved on. I opened up "Virtual Vinnie's Chinese Lockdown Theater" in my basement. Got about 20 painted cardboard fans in seats with the lights down low. Whenever I want I put a $20 in each one's hand, jam for them, play stadium roars in between songs, and when I'm done I go around to meet each one of them and collect my $20.

This way I can gig whenever I want, don't have to deal with masks, I always get paid... the benefits are endless.

11. John BNY

John BNY Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

We played at my back yard last summer and invited friends over, as all of our gigs got cancelled for obvious reasons. We finally booked outdoor gigs at a brewery in June and July. Hopefully indoor playing will start as people get vaccinated.

flyinguitars and Jethro Rocker like this.
  12. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

Regardless if they allow gigs or not, I just dont see how they can manage the safety of thousands of drunk rockers!? I think as they get close to mid-summer they will be delaying/canceling events. Its still too soon and very few people have the vaccine that will be attending rock concerts but I guess we will see!?

flyinguitars likes this.
  13. dslman

dslman Well-Known Member

I just checked you guys out for the first time, wow what a great guitarist!
    Your band ,and other recordings sound fantastic, Great work!

flyinguitars likes this.
  14. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

I'm rehearsing with my drummer a couple weekends a month. We hope to either start back up with same member or start looking for new ones around late spring/early summer.

flyinguitars and Jethro Rocker like this.
  15. JP2036

JP2036 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

No not happening.
    Ive decided after 40+ years im tired of playing to drunks & just going to buy guitars from now on.

16. mirrorman

mirrorman Well-Known Member

Oooh, I'm drooling over those TV Yellow Junior Specials.
    :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Last gig was Feb 2020. Don't know when the next one will be.
    :(

flyinguitars and JP2036 like this.
  17. S.A.T.O.

S.A.T.O. Well-Known Member

I have an acoustic duo show in a couple of weeks still waiting to get the band booked

flyinguitars likes this.
  18. flyinguitars

Yes absolutely! There's one at 6pm eastern time:
    https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/57268...ce6-pm-sellersville-sellersville-theater-1894

And one at 9pm eastern time:
    https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/78571...ce9-pm-sellersville-sellersville-theater-1894

If you decide to check it, I'd recommend the 9pm one because we haven't played live in a while and since we are doing two shows that night, the second one may be a little smoother..haha.

This is provided by the venue so I'm not really sure how it will be presented and how many cameras (could possibly be only one). But our sound engineer is providing a board mix output in stereo to the livestream feed, so it should sound decent.

Hey MD, we were booked at the Riveria in 2 weeks but it was rescheduled to sept....this is the second reschedule for the venue since covid. We were also booked for a big festival in Erie in July and that just got canned. That is a big one that we've done for the past several years and it draws thousands.....they were concerned with covid and canceled.

Thanks dslman!!

19. JP2036

JP2036 Well-Known Member

20. dragonvalve

dragonvalve Well-Known Member