Anyone Else On A Weight Loss/fitness Trip Since New Year?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Adieu, Feb 11, 2019.

1. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

i was on and off the workout regimen for almost 9 years until I re-dedicated myself into sticking to my goal... Once you’re starting to see results of your hard work, working out becomes an addiction... I spend more time hitting the weights than playing guitar in my spare time...

Also, have your doctor check your testosterone level.... Our testosterone level drops once we hit our 30’s... you can ask your doctor which T booster they would recommend...

Ramo likes this.
  2. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

when i was younger i loved it , but as i get older i just cant be bothered :) im 38 now and i need to find motivation to get in to shape.

3. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

I can't say it's a new years thing for me because it's always been more of a lifestyle choice - and by that I'm definitely not judging others and their choices, just saying that for me, I decided to commit to as clean a lifestyle as possible along with exercise back as a kid because the men in my family historically die young (example: i didn't have a grandfather as my dad's father died when dad was only 8) and I figured that was the best option to my hanging around a bit lol. I'll be 52 in a few days and feel like I'm in possibly some of the best shape of my life (and my doctor seems to agree). Naturally I'm gonna get hit by a bullet or bus.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    EndGame00 and Ramo like this.
  4. EndGame00

Yeah, I’m 44 and I didnt take care of myself until several years ago... Thankfully my kids are old enough that they are self-sufficient and independent.... It was a matter of making time to spend at least 1 hour for workouts... I do 4 days per week.

Derek S likes this.
  5. Dmann

Dmann Well-Known Member

#1 mistake. Following a diet to lose weight.

First, you don't want to lose weight, you want to lose fat. In fact as you lose fat, your going to want to gain weight with lean muscle mass.

Second, making healthy choices about what you put in your body is a lifestyle, not a diet. If you want to actually get healthy and stay healthy, you can't go on a diet for a couple months then return to poor habits. Its an everyday choice.

Finally, exercising daily is important, and as simple as taking a 30 min walk.

4 simple things I've figured out to be healthy.

1. Don't be a pig, everything in moderation
    2. Booze and drugs (of any kind) are bad for you
    3. Sleep regime is very important
    4. Routine and consistency is the key to making it all work

EndGame00 likes this.
  6. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

i agree, i dont drink or do drug ( im boring) but my sleep paterns are all over the place. i sleep less than i need to going bed late waking up early.

i wish loseing fat was as easy as geting fat.... :)

7. EndGame00

Self discipline is the key to an active lifestyle...having a good night sleep is actually very important to burning off fat.

Ramo likes this.
  8. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

Speaking on sleep, that's gotta be one of the best benefits from a daily exercise habit, at least for me (my choice being long distance running)...when I hit the sheets at night I sleep soooooo well, always have. Now that I'm an old fart, my naps aren't too shabby either lol.

9. Antmax

Antmax Well-Known Member

I started weight training last Nov. I mostly did it to strengthen my back after working in front of a computer for 20 years. It worked wonders on my upper back, have much better posture. Actually look pretty good, minor man boobs have changed into pecs and I actually have quite good aesthetics. Not exactly ripped, my obliques could lose a little fat. But for 48 years old I'm pretty happy with a 36 inch waist.

I'm doing better than most of my friends 30+ years old. At one time by bad back actually made guitar playing tricky and I mostly played a 6.5lb guitar. Now it doesn't really matter.

I'm 6' and 198lbs. Wouldn't mind losing about 10 more. But I'm not really too worried. With all the large canopy trees around here, I might get there just by raking up the leaves and things instead of using the blower.