Anyone Else On A Weight Loss/fitness Trip Since New Year?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Adieu, Feb 11, 2019.

1. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Building muscle requires protein and lots of it. My Grandmother spent a great deal of her adult life cooking for logging crews in Northern Maine, back when it was all done by hand and she was used to feeding crews that were burning up to 8,000 calories a day. I took me a while to figure out why she always thought i was sick if i only ate one heaping plate of food.................

2. bobpick68

bobpick68 Well-Known Member

I started keto lifestyle on January 1st. Down 30 lbs and feel outstanding. Not only am I losing weight but I am sleeping better and waking up refreshed. I feel mentally clear like a fog was lifted off my brain.

3. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Well damn, this is actually working out

Despite somehow managing to put my knee out of commission for like a month and therefore having to halfass it while it healed, I'm down like a 18 lbs and 6" off my waistline, yet bigger shoulders and more muscular all over than I've been since my teens. Look taller too, guess some back muscle helps stand up straight

With some dedication and perseverance, this is pretty straightforward. I feel like 15 years younger... and random girls and women of all ages are suddenly all smiley and friendly while shopping and such.

4. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

Four months into weight lifting, I can see how ripped I have become... I lost 7 lbs of fat, 18% BMI (from 21%), added about 4 lbs of muscle mass... Increased my calorie intake back to normal level after a month of caloric deficit... Probably gonna need to lower my BMI down to 13% by August....

Next goal in three years: Super jacked as Frank Zane...

Jethro Rocker likes this.
  5. EndGame00

Better start stockpiling wife beaters T's and muscle shirts... Summer is approaching.:fingersx:

6. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

If you're at 18% (by height weight formula? Or with one of the complex calculations?), you could get positively ripped by THIS August if you wanted to

Just gotta forget about that caloric restriction crap though

7. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Update: well, damn...32" waist, didn't expect to ever see THAT again

Derek S likes this.
  8. Biff Maloy

Biff Maloy Well-Known Member

Year old topic but WTH,

I'm 53. 6' and i fluctuate around 210 to 220 at the most. I've worn a size 32 pants forever.

I've done the gym thing. I grew up playing sports. But I look at staying in everyday shape by doing a lot of different activities. A gym gets old for me and unless you're a nut about it it's hard to keep that up over your entire life. The younger generation I'm around, i see them pay somebody to do their yard work and at the same time pay membership to a gym. That makes no sense to me at all. I've got a big place to keep up myself. It's hilly and wooded. There's my gym right there. I would rather physically work hard getting something accomplished than going to a gym to lift weights for no reason. Plus, i like to hunt so i do a ton of walking with that plus i get a good walk in every morning going to my office.

Basically, I just keep from growing roots and stay active. Works for me.

EndGame00 likes this.
  9. EndGame00

As far as muscle growth as a natural, I've already reached my peak growth and this is 2 1/2 years into weight lifting and I've maintained 17% BMI since... I'm a lot more disciplined with food intake and workout schedule... With all the gyms closed, I have to maintain my physique as much as I can with calisthenics/body weight training and resistance bands training .. Good thing I have an adequate gym set at home...

10. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

I've been on a program for the past 3+ months. I'm hitting the gym between 2 and 5 times a week and I've changed my diet for the better.

I'm not really trying to lose weight, just convert it to muscle, and it's working. My waist is shrinking, my muscles are getting a bit bigger.

At this point I'm stronger than I've ever been before in my life. And I have a long way to go. I have definite strength goals, and when I reach them,
    I'll set new goals.

EndGame00 and Derek S like this.
  11. EndGame00

What you're doing is what we call body recomposition... If you can do a lot of compound exercises (squats, presses and pull downs) instead of isolation workouts, you will melt more fat and replace them with muscle mass... It is possible to gain 8-12 lbs of muscle in your first year of compound lifting and pressing exercises... In my first year I've gained 7 lbs of muscle mass, and that IS A LOT for a natural hard gainer like myself....

12. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

I'm doing squats, deadlifts, and bench presses on flat, incline, and declined benches, plus some additional isolation work as well. And I DON'T skip leg day. I'm leg pressing 850 pounds and my leg goal is 1000 pounds. I'll get there pretty soon. I have back workouts, abs and chest workouts, arm workouts, and shoulder workouts that I alternate between. I've started taking yoga classes to improve my flexibility and range of motion and that's WORKING. And I take multi-mile weighted walks but not as frequently as I probably should. I like doing those before sunrise but find that it can be difficult to be motivated to get up and go walking at 4 in the morning.

EndGame00 likes this.
  13. fitz288

fitz288 Well-Known Yinzer Gold Supporting Member

I'm 6'-4", 210 lbs., eat whenever & whatever I want, and always have cake & ice cream before bed.
    Pisses off everyone I know.

14. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

I'm on a colon cancer maintenance drug (Vectibix) which can trigger weight loss.

I'm constantly tired................but I'm alive.

I'm 67 and at 5'7" my weight has varied between 140 and 185.

As of now, I'm fat at 183.

I eat whatever I want, just not as much.

15. Ken Ops

Ken Ops Well-Known Member

I lift weights, if that counts. Body recomp, rather than weight loss per se.

Upper/lower, total of 4 days a week. Mostly compound lifts. Looking to enter a powerlifting meet one day.

16. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

I failed miserably in 2020 with diets, tried 4 different diets unsuccessfully, they all make me feel terribly sick to the point of death so I go off them. At this point I feel like excersize will be the only way to lose weight but I'm just not a physical guy to follow through on it. :(

17. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

I need to lose belly fat and im extremely lazy to do exercise. I really hate it always looking for excuse not to do exercise.

im bit over weight by 3kg and its all in the belly.

I start exercise few days and then stop... i had gym membership and i use to go 3 o 4 times a week. That gym wen out if business because of Corona, need to make need membership with new gym bur questions will i use it????

18. EndGame00

No need to start on a gym membership....just purchase a pair of adjustable dumbbells, resistance bands, and motivation to reach your goal... Everything starts with proper nutrition... wean yourself from junk foods, high sugar contents foods and go from there.... the first two weeks will be a struggle since you’re about to “wake up” your muscles and boosting your metabolism, everything will be painful... when I say “wean yourself”, because if you completely cut off from it, your body will increase insulin production you will struggle from burning off fat... that is why crash dieting never works when you’re trying to lose weight....

i had a sweet tooth and it was a struggle to completely cutting it off.... all I did was eat smaller portions of M&M’s and sodas until I lost cravings for it....

19. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

i eat 1 meal a day , dont like( sugar), sweets, cakes and sweet stuff. i dont take sugar in tea or coffee. i started doing some youtube exercise it was 20 min, im like how hard it can be..... started i was done after 5 min as if i run for my life for hours...

but what you say its true man, i have to act now otherwise im done :)

EndGame00 likes this.
  20. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom >>> Moderator <<< Staff Member

buy a drumset & learn how to kick ass on it...

Ramo and fitz288 like this.