Any suggestions

slade

Reaction score
I’m looking at getting something for learning songs. I use to use my line 6 hd150 mostly for that reason but I sold it to a friend that is just starting playing. The line 6 had a aux input and a headphone jack. So I’m thinking about getting a Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit 200 or there amp man modern. I tried the orange micro terror but couldn’t get a good blend of aux and guitar. The Marshall Dsl100hr is something that I would buy if somehow I could use something for headphone use. I’m 47 and still a guitar, pedal, amp guy. Maybe you guys have something else for me to look at?

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at getting something for learning songs. I use to use my line 6 hd150 mostly for that reason but I sold it to a friend that is just starting playing. The line 6 had a aux input and a headphone jack. So I’m thinking about getting a Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit 200 or there amp man modern. I tried the orange micro terror but couldn’t get a good blend of aux and guitar. The Marshall Dsl100hr is something that I would buy if somehow I could use something for headphone use. I’m 47 and still a guitar, pedal, amp guy. Maybe you guys have something else for me to look at?
Spark?

axe4me

Reaction score
As for learning songs, I refer to Carl Brown...................

An example................

Now, I'm a student forever.

Constantly on a learning quest and getting a heads up from everyone.

I went from pedals to rack and now back to pedals.

I'm a constant guitar nerd.

It's been that way for 50+ years.

Amps too.

Learn gear and songs.

pedecamp

Reaction score
Any Digitech multi-effects pedal, has headphone jack and aux, has Marshall style preset amp tones, I was a fan of the RP255, ive seen them $30-50 used. I bet a Marshall Code25 would do the trick too.

russbryant

Reaction score
While figuring it out I would suggest getting Fender Mini Headphone Amp. They are really good with a fair amount of amp sims and a (very) few effects. They sound excellent and you will use it after you decide on an amp too. They are also bluetooth so you can stream a song into it and play along through the headphones.

edit: Just remembered you can use your normal pedal chain and plug the mini into the pedal output and then hear through the headphones.

Reaction score
The DSL100HR has a simulated out for headphones. I have 2 of them

PelliX

Reaction score
Any Digitech multi-effects pedal, has headphone jack and aux, has Marshall style preset amp tones, I was a fan of the RP255, ive seen them $30-50 used. I bet a Marshall Code25 would do the trick too.

Would probably be my vote, too. Other than getting a Marshall full valve deal (pick your flavor) and running into a load box, DI, etc and having a rather overly complex setup. Thing is, those Digitech pedals are dirt cheap - even if it doesn't work out for you, you never know when you might want to use it. Wouldn't touch the CODE, but that's just my view.

slade

Reaction score
Pedecamp, I took your suggestion and decided to buy a digitech rp360. I neeeded something on the cheaper side. I’ve been looking at all of the suggestions here, but like all of us now we are working to buy gas and food.

Latest posts