Any love for schecter guitars here?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by chromeboy, Mar 19, 2021.

1. chromeboy

chromeboy Well-Known Member

I have had Gibsons and Fenders in the past basically because it was the thing to have but I was always a rebel when it came to guitars. I discovered Ibanez guitars and fell in love with them and at one point had about ten of them.

Lately I have had friends who have schecter guitars and I was able to play a couple of them and was impressed with how well they sounded and how much easier they were to play Than my old les Paul which had a tree trunk neck.
    These schecters pretty much play themselves. I now have three schecters and they all play like a dream. I have a schecter PT, a schecter cr-6, and my latest is the schecter c-1 silver mountain in a toxic venom finish. So I am totally digging these guitars and already have my eye on a schecter c-1 apocalypse which comes with a sustainiac pup in the neck position. Even though these last two guitars I mentioned are priced over a grand the quality is superb and attention to detail is obvious.
    I know most here are more traditional with the stats and the les Paul's but these schecters I have easily play far better than any strat or les Paul I have ever owned. I still have a few Ibanez guitars and love those as well but I have already sold a few of them as I am now preferring schecters.

2. CraigP

CraigP Well-Known Member

Yes. I do not own one, but, I have liked the sound and feel of several I have put my hands on and played. Looks like there are no real negatives about them that I can identify and verify.

fitz288 likes this.
  3. JamminJeff

JamminJeff Well-Known Member

I'm not a guitar snob and just want something that plays well, sounds great and fits my mood or can get the tones I'm in need of at the time. I don't get hung up on being identified with any certain brand or model.

That said, I have and sometimes play an original Tele Schecter Pete Townsend model (probably late 80's model/not sure) and it's in black with push-pull knobs. It's a rock machine !

I sanded off the black paint and lettering on the headstock (I'm a player not a collector) so it looks like a custom guitar. I can tell you first hand it was very well built and has withstood the test of time. It's as heavy as Les Paul and has similar sounds, but can also almost do the Tele sound, just heavier in tone. The push-pulls can do the phasey Pagey thing too. Cool guitar. Glad I kept it !

If it motivates you to play more, buy two and have twice the fun !

Iron1 and fitz288 like this.
  4. fitz288

fitz288 Well, Known Member Silver Supporting Member

:photos:?

I'm a Schecter fan.
    Got a '14 Hellraiser Tempest (MIK)
    "Ultra Thin C" neck with EMG 57/66 pups.
    20210102_141459-2.jpg

5. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Well-Known Member

I had a Tempest Special that was nice. But it was later made redundant by a Les Paul Special.

[​IMG]

6. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

I have a Hellcat bass six and its pretty perfect. I like real old guitars in general and newer stuff seems to come and go fairly fast but I've held on to the Hellcat for some time, in fact, i traded a '65 Epiphone Caballero for it, that's saying something. 20160523_174720.jpg

7. Cold Shot

Cold Shot Well-Known Member

I have an '07 Hellraiser C1 and an '06 30th anniversary C1. They're killers. Here's the 30th anniversary.

42917410_10156631346774882_1196594007677861888_o.jpg

8. Iron1

Iron1 Well-Known Member

When I first discovered Schecter, I really wanted to like them, but every time I'd pick one up in a store I'd quickly put it back down. After trying out a few dozen of them, I gave up. Just figured they weren't for me.

Then, a buddy grabbed this KM6 right before I came over to his house one day to jam. After playing it for 5 minutes I was so in love I tried to buy it from him on the spot - even though he'd only owned it for a few hours. He laughed and said "no way". So, for the next few months, whenever I'd swing by his place, I'd ask and he'd say no. Eventually I gave up.

Then, one day he texted me and asked if I might want to buy it. I was totally broke, so I agonized over it, then finally decided to sell some gear and I grabbed it up.

[​IMG]

It's now one of my all-time favorite guitars. I currently have 6 guitars (3 Jacksons, 2 Ibanez and this one) and love them all, but this KM6 is the one I'd do everything to keep if I got so jammed up financially I'd have to sell everything.

9. The Dose of Harmony

The Dose of Harmony Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Ohhh yeah!

I Have a C-1 xxx and a Tempest both came out fantastic Guitars , they have the Right weight and Feel, price too if you get one of the lower end just change the pickups i put a Jb on my C-1 sounds pretty good.

then i put the signature pickups alpha and omega from seymour duncan , on the Tempest fucking A

i still prefer my Gibsons but for sure the schecters can do the Jod

fitz288 likes this.
  10. Ken Ops

Ken Ops Active Member

Have a Schecter bass, looking at (maybe) a Schecter 7-string next. They seem to make nice guitars, near as I can tell.

GregM likes this.
  11. saxon68

saxon68 Well-Known Member

14F1347E-83A0-401A-B3F4-8EA6A685F15C.jpeg 5757A6EA-E2DF-4E52-A045-2CB317F34549.jpeg Look for used, I just got a Banshee elite with the sustainiac pickup for 750 with a case.

I’ve also got the Solo II Apocalypse and it’s great too. Was about 1200 bucks new and worth every penny. It’s got all the upgrades except sustainiac. Stainless frets, Ebony board, locking tuners, customs shop pickups, coil taps, real tone pros hardware, and looks badass.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  12. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

When available again, I am getting one of these.

[​IMG]

13. Wezie Guitar lover

Wezie Guitar lover Well-Known Member

Yes and I own one. Why do you ask?

14. Wezie Guitar lover

Wezie Guitar lover Well-Known Member

15. saxon68

Man I’ve been lusting over these since that crazy dude played one on America’s got talent. Check out 1 minute into this clip

Jethro Rocker likes this.
  16. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Good thing for F Forward. Wasn't sure I would last up to a mjnute in!! :lol:

The sustainiac is something different for me too.

Edgar Frog likes this.
  17. saxon68

The sustainiac is pretty amazing, it’ll keep going forever. Unless the battery dies, and the one I got used still had the factory battery in it.

18. idw357

idw357 Member Gold Supporting Member

Huge fan of Schecters. I have an Apocalypse, Hellraiser with Floyd Rose and Sustainiac, and Exotic Spalted Maple. They all have the C1 neck, which I love. My only complaint is the Sustainiac device, which is matched to a passive pickup. I would have preferred two EMGs, cuz the Sustainiac is an over-rated gimmick (IMO) and I love the EMGs. I'll probably sell that one soon. I also recently picked up an Ibanez RG, with the super Wizard neck. It's actually a couple of mm thinner than the Schecter C-1, and has a flatter radius, and I think plays a little faster. Still getting used to the differences.

19. idw357

idw357 Member Gold Supporting Member

See my other post in this thread, but my suggestion is you compare the range of sounds on an Apocalypse with and without the Sustainiac. If u usually play loud you may find that you get plenty of sustain from the amp alone. My Apocalypse w/o Sustainiac sounds great with the two EMGs. Just my perspective. But if you're head over heels for extra sustain, then that is def the way to go.

20. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

I had a couple of them over the years.

On the used market I don't believe there is a better equipped guitar. Usually has good inlay work, Tusq nut and EMG's.

WellBurnTheSky and Jethro Rocker like this.