Any Boss Delay Pedals Work With Jvm

ceremony5150

Reaction score
Has anyone found any model of the Boss Delay pedals that work in the loop of a JVM?

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
In the past I've used Boss DD3 and DD7 as well as built-in delay of the Boss GT10 and GT100 multi-effects systems with my stock 410H. I didn't have any problems if that is to what the OP is alluding.

I've also used Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 pedal as well as various built-in delays for Line 6 and TC Electronic mult-effects systems all with a problem. Other systems I've used delay are Eventide H3000 SE Ultra-Harmonizer, Alesis Quadraverb and Midiverb; all performed fine with the 410H.

One inescapable fact about all these devices is that each are designed differently, so you gotta learn all the features, parameters, menus, sub-menus, cable routing, and various tone tweaking features to get the best out of them (yes, even the Boss stuff). Not every device will sound great with every amp, so be prepared for varying results.

I usually dial in an initial setup where JVM serial/parallel effects loop is 100% wet and FX level is -10dBV. Delays usually have at leas three parameters: delay time, repeat (sometimes labeled as "feedback"), and level; I usually set the level at or near 100%k, then I set everything else at 50% because I want to make sure I get a good, strong signal as I adjust the delay time and repeat/feedback. Once I got the delay time and repeats/feedback set where I want, the last step is adjust the level (which is the easiest step).

I've worked with various type of delays like digital, analog, tape, multi-tap, reverse, sweep echo, etc., as well as delays with multiple modes. Some sounded were very useful, some just for fun/experiment, and some sounded terrible. You gotta find what works for you.

ceremony5150

Reaction score
Thank you. What I meant is, are there any Boss delays with enough headroom to handle the loop? I have used the DD3, but it distorts. Are the later DD6 or DD7 models more compatable?