Amps from Japan on Ebay is ridiculously high ?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Kelia, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Kelia

Kelia Well-Known Member

2. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

We will ALL be taking a great big hit as the industries will be passing inflation costs on over to the consumers. Was already infumed across the board that there will be a definite, and a most certain inflation due, ALL because of the pandemic.
    First time I am seeing MIM pries come in like new MIA.
    MIJ was inevitably going to increase in value as everyone in the biz knew at one time that an MIJ (particularly the V-series) was favored over the MIA for value and craftsmanship.

If you have something to sell, sell it now! I am doing this as of last week. :2c:

Kelia likes this.
  3. Kelia

Kelia Well-Known Member

Think this is what I'll do ! sell a few things ! :)

4. wayne856

wayne856 Member

well i wouldnt pay 3.650 for a amp head must be gold plaited inside dont care what the name on the outside is

Kelia and MonstersOfTheMidway like this.
  5. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

It's great that more people are paying attention to the value of something. I guess it took (kinda sad, really) a pandemic to get people to slow down and think about the value of something as opposed to some impulsive, crazy-a$$ed, romanticized idea of how better life would be like if they just had this one piece of gear in their life: the "holy grail", the "missing link", the singular last piece that brings it all together in peace and harmony. I think it's part awakening and part maturation of people and their urge to buy pre-pandemic.

And with that bit of awakening/maturation, people are seeing through the bullsh*t tactics used by sellers, thus making it harder for seller's to turn a profit on overpriced items.

Kelia and ricksdisconnected like this.
  6. Gunner64

Gunner64 Emotional Support Animal Gold Supporting Member

Them Japanese ebayers have been asking ridiculous prices for stuff long before the covid thing, and not just rarer items either. $1700 Squier Jaguars and $3000 Faded Flying V's have been normal from Japan for years. They're either stoned, stupid, greedy or have a f'ed up exchange calculator...or all of the above.

7. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

Damn right! And as soon as I get this next amp and replace the speakers in this one cab I’m gonna be all set...well and that delay...