AMPLIFIER

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by anitoli, Oct 19, 2020.

1. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

amplifier
    [ˈampləˌfī(ə)r]
    NOUN
    amplifier (noun) · amplifiers (plural noun)
    1. an electronic device for increasing the amplitude of electrical signals, used chiefly in sound reproduction.
      • a device consisting of an amplifier combined with a loudspeaker, used to amplify electric guitars and other musical instruments.

What is an amplifier used for?
    Amplifiers are the tiny components in hearing aids that make voices sound louder. They're also the gadgets in radios that boost faraway signals and the devices in stereo equipment that drive your loudspeakers and the huge black boxes you plug into electric guitars to make them raise the roof.

Any questions? The amplifiers sole purpose is to make things LOUDER, stop complaining already or go the James Taylor route any play only acoustics............

2. shredless

shredless Well-Known Member

I thought they were for raising rhe roof

3. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

It was sarcasm based on the endless mullings of " it's too loud" stuff y,know.
    The internet provided the definitions.

DaDoc, Trelwheen and BftGibson like this.
  4. Phony iommi

Phony iommi Well-Known Member

And now the readers digest condensed version:
    If it’s too loud, you’re too old.

5. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Well-Blown Member Double Platinum Supporting Member

Mmmmmm, sarcasm. My favorite veggie.

Everybody should serve a platterful occasionally. Good for the digestion of those around us in need.

Yep, amps are loud. Some truly great amps are fiercely loud. Timber cracking, ear-bleedin' loud. I dial em up and let em howl. They sound better that way, respond better that way. They record better too. Inspirational interaction. The whole room becomes a part of the instrument.

Some people can't do that. It's a pity. But it damn sure doesn't piss me off. Some guys live in apartments, have babies, have close and bitchy neighbors, or just can't handle the noise. What should they do? Just not play?

Let em have their 1 watt amps and attenuators, iso boxes and headphone outs....crank your stack and put your head against the cab and don't worry about all them poor bastids. We all suffer from some kinda constraint. That's theirs

DaDoc and anitoli like this.
  6. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Well-Known Member

My teenage daughter shot me daggers the other nite, for playing thru my THR10 while watching TV. She's 17 soon, I'm 55 :lol:

DaDoc and anitoli like this.
  7. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Wow..

And all this time I thought they were only for annoying the neighbors..:naughty:

jimmyjames likes this.