Am I nuts?!?

Am I nuts?!?

• Yep, totally batsh*t crazy

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Nope, you're not thinking far enough outside the box!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Kinda, you might need to seek professional help.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Is there room on the crazy train?

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Just jump off and do something!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't do nothing

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have a very difficult time getting rid of a JMP 2203. Period. There are others on that list I would consider, maybe. You are considering selling the 1959x that you said is your favorite? I don't understand. You have a JTM45 and you want to sell your favorite amp for another. Thats it you have officially been Baker Act(ed).
Is that a thing everywhere, I thought it was just Florida?

houseofrock

Reaction score
Is that a thing everywhere, I thought it was just Florida?

Yes Sir you are correct.

The Baker Act is a Florida law that enables families and loved ones to provide emergency mental health services and temporary detention for people who are impaired because of their mental illness, and who are unable to determine their needs for treatment.

ampeq

Reaction score
Right off the bat I would dump the 900, Jube, and keep only 1 of the 2203/4/5, a 100w one for me. That’s a start, now A-B each alike amp to get the best out of its class. What’s left will be the cream. You will now spend more time with the loved ones rather than feeling sorry for one that hasn’t been played in a while. Then put the money away for something special, just because you have a few bucks does not mean you have to spend it. Now stop shaking everything will be alright.

ampeq

Reaction score
Yes Sir you are correct.

The Baker Act is a Florida law that enables families and loved ones to provide emergency mental health services and temporary detention for people who are impaired because of their mental illness, and who are unable to determine their needs for treatment.
Shouldn’t there be a BA icon on this forum?

purpleplexi

Reaction score
Well you're posting on here. That should give you a clue.

Geeze

Reaction score
Yep totally crazy, sell them all and get a Friedman ( sorry couldn’t resist ) .

I've contemplated a Metroplex too...

Probably a stupid question, but I roll with what I have to work with.
Which ones fit in these awesome head shells?

Top case JMP2204 [2104 combo] - the combo has a bit different screw spacing so the back two would need to be redrilled. This is the shell that held the JMP Combo I just sold.

The middle one holds the JMP2203 I would keep.

The bottom is a 1959X which will go back in it's factory shell. I believe it will fit the 100 watt JMP/JCM chassis with the wings. The 2555X and the JVM series no but I have one of those [2555X] laying around.

The other JMP2203 is still in it's Marshall duds.

Russ

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
i had to recheck the pole. says your totally bat shit crazy Geeze. :cool:
not my business but when someone out right asks if they are nutz, there is a damn good chance he/she already
knows the answer and is just looking for a good friend to lie to them. i mean im just saying.... ask me how i know. :D

iron broadsword

Reaction score
IMHO this is just maturing to the point where you know what you want and like, so you have basically conquered the gear slut phase (at least for now, that shit sometimes comes back like a bad case of herpes). But I don't know why you'd want to sell off your other pieces.. eventually you will miss them for the thing they did differently, and what did you gain by selling them? Make sure it was worth it

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Nice amps, just think hard and long Buddy! Once they are gone they are gone and its getting really difficult to find those amps in good original shape and if you do you will pay dearly for them. If they were average ordinary easy to be had amps Id say go for it.

Geeze

Reaction score
MHO this is just maturing to the point where you know what you want and like, so you have basically conquered the gear slut phase (at least for now, that shit sometimes comes back like a bad case of herpes). But I don't know why you'd want to sell off your other pieces.. eventually you will miss them for the thing they did differently, and what did you gain by selling them? Make sure it was worth it

This was GSR3 [Gear Slut Round 3] so nothing new. The fancy head shells I'll probably end up keeping as very few understand the value.

Nice amps, just think hard and long Buddy! Once they are gone they are gone and its getting really difficult to find those amps in good original shape and if you do you will pay dearly for them. If they were average ordinary easy to be had amps Id say go for it.

I've been saying that for 60 years and I still manage to find the goodies... If only quality women were as easy to find as amps.

Russ

MarshallDog

Reaction score
This was GSR3 [Gear Slut Round 3]

I've been saying that for 60 years and I still manage to find the goodies... If only quality women were as easy to find as amps.

Russ

Yes, but you have to look hard!

Latest posts