Alcoholics

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Alligatorbling, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling Well-Known Member

Any other recovering alcoholics here? My last drink was February 27th 2015.

Yeah yeah yeah I know I smoke a little grass here and there so I can't say I'm truly clean and sober.

With grass I can have it for a week then not get anymore for 2 months, which is how we do it.

But drinking.... once I start I simply can't stop. Once I put it in me I will go until I black out.

I've been incarnated several times all because of alcohol. Ive been to rehab 3 times.

So how did I stop? I ended up arrested and locked in a suicide watch cell. It was no mat to lay on and no blanket. They pit you in there naked. Its a concrete square of a room with a toilet. No bed, no chair. Nothing.

I spent 17 hours in there. I was blind drunk.

Around hour 6 I started to say how the fuck did I get here? What led up to this?

Why can't I stop drinking?

Here is the aha moment and i had never thought this before until that very moment.

I said holy shit. Alcohol is not my problem. I am my problem. Alcohol is a symptom of a sickness and I am the sickness.

I got bonded out the next day, made a phone call and was in a rehab facility by noon.

I was a cell dependent alcoholic so they had to give me meds to prevent seizures.

I won't write my life story, if your interested to hear it I can give you my phone number.

I will say this. My life is better than its ever been and I owe most of it to not drinking.

The mental obsession is gone. I don't miss it and honestly I do not think about it unless I'm in an AA meeting or telling my story.

Today life is grand.... and the cool thing about it is I never have to drink again.

2. RCM 800

RCM 800 Well-Known Member

I never realized how bad alcoholism could be until my last drummer. Total Jekyll and Hyde, sweetest dude youd ever meet. Ended with me sitting on his chest and 3 people trying to pull me off him.

Trelwheen likes this.
  3. JP2036

JP2036 Member

South Park and houseofrock like this.
  4. Marshall Boogie

Marshall Boogie Well-Known Member

people do whatever they must to maintain their lives.....you do you dude (never seen a more judgemental bunch than recovering alcoholics, they used to tell me I was an alcoholic......heck I was just young and wild....I drink an average of twice a year now if that, sometimes I go years without drinking, while I used to be a weekend warrior....doesn't seem like too much of an alcoholic to me).....so the moral of my story is attend your own sobriety or not, because being the drug/sobriety police is kinda lame

DaDoc and mcblink like this.
  5. Frodebro

Frodebro Well-Known Member

I quit drinking 15 years ago, but I'm not going to go around telling other people how to live their lives. I just focus on making the right decisions for myself.

6. Im247frogs

Im247frogs Well-Known Member

on that note, you shouldn't have to differentiate between alcohol AND drugs, because alcohol is a drug. thinking of alcohol as different has caused a great many addicts to relapse.

WellBurnTheSky and South Park like this.
  7. shredless

shredless Well-Known Member

Can you feel that?
    Ah, sh*t
    Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah
    Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah
    oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
    Broken your servant I kneel
    (Will you give in to me?)
    It seems what's left of my human side
    Is slowly changing in me
    Looking at my own reflection
    When suddenly it changes
    Violently it changes (oh no)
    There is no turning back now
    You've woken up the demon in me

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
    Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
    You mother get up come on get down with the sickness
    You f*cker get up come on get down with the sickness
    Madness is the gift, that has been given to me

I can see inside you, the sickness is rising
    Don't try to deny what you feel
    It seems that all that was good has died
    And is decaying in me
    It seems you're having some trouble
    In dealing with these changes
    Living with these changes (oh no)
    The world is a scary place
    Now that you've woken up the demon in me

Madness is the gift, that has been given to me

No mommy, don't do it again
    Don't do it again
    I'll be a good boy
    I'll be a good boy, I promise
    No mommy don't hit me
    Why did you have to hit me like that, mommy?
    Don't do it, you're hurting me
    Why did you have to be such a b!tch
    Why don't you
    Why don't you just f*ck off and die
    Why can't you just f*ck off and die
    Why can't you just leave here and die
    Never stick your hand in my face again bitch
    Fu*ck you
    I don't need this sh!t
    You stupid sadistic abusive f*cking whore
    How would you like to see how it feels mommy
    Here it comes, get ready to die

Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

Madness has now come over me

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  8. shredless

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  9. Sapient

Sapient Reformed Witchdoctor Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

Alcohol is bad. Not good. Bad. Very bad.

Alcohol removes everything from your life except it. In the end you face only it, most likely all alone. There you fight to ditch it ...or die. Make the right choice and ditch it.

10. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Some of the most annoying people I have ever encountered in my life are former alcoholics or druggies. Not all of them, but a lot of them.

The worst seem to be the ones who attend support groups, I used to work with a couple of guys who were both into Narcotics Anonymous..Apparently the NA people and the AA people are pretty much one and the same. But these guys DID seem to have some serious issues, and ones that extended beyond drinking and drug use.

All these guys did was talk about their sobriety and going to meetings, which it seems they did every night! And they had a kind of weird superiority complex as well..It got old as hell to listen to day in and day out, and they got pissed at me once when I exasperatedly asked them if they had considered the possibility that they were using the meetings as a substitute addiction for their former addictions. They lived on coffee and cigarettes as well, which I would point out were also a form of drugs. Which also pissed them off! :lol:

I guess attending meetings is better than drinking oneself to death or overdosing though..And if one's trying to improve their life I support them 100%. Just PLEASE don't drive everyone around you crazy talking about it non-stop!

South Park and Marshall Boogie like this.
  11. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Nothing is good or bad but thinking makes it so. Moderate alcohol consumption lowers your chances of heart attack, stroke and diabetes. Wine is beneficial to the memory, heart function and an Australian study shows lower rates of erectile dysfunction in wine drinkers. It is also an immune booster in cold and flu season. Researchers have found that resveratrol in wine can help induce the expression of several longevity genes that regulate cell survival.
    Beer is packed with B vitamins riboflavin and thiamin, plus high levels of magnesium, and calcium. A Spanish study suggests that an ice cold beer can hydrate you just as well as water, making it perfectly ok to grab happy hour after an intense sweat session. A compound found in beer called xanthohumol could protect brain cells from damage, thus slowing down the progression of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease. Beer's high silicon content is what's responsible for an increase in bone density. Moderate beer drinkers who consume 1-2 glasses a day are more likely to have that effect, but surprisingly, it's women who reap the most benefits. Postmenopausal women who had two drinks per day saw their bone density increase up to 8.3 percent and the chemicals in the beer may act as phytoestrogens, which can help diminish hot flashes and lessen other menopause symptoms! Beer can help you reduce the risk of kidney stones by 30 percent. People who drink in moderation are 40 percent less likely to develop diabetes than those who drank too much or none at all. But just a reminder: the magic number here is one or two. Any more, and you'll bump that risk up instead.
    Vodka can improve blood circulation, but the study above mentions that it helps the heart differently from vino. Vodka helps more collateral vessels to develop, which helps connect the heart to the lungs.
    The agavins (natural sugar) found in Tequila are better than artificial sweeteners at helping you shed the pounds. After scientists had given a group of mice agavins into their water, they reported that the mice had lower glucose levels and were fuller longer.
    A study had male participants go through two rounds of exercise and then consume a small amount of an alcoholic beverage or placebo beverage. The results concluded that those who drank the booze reported less muscle soreness after recovery than those who consumed a placebo.
    To reap the benefits of alcohol during chillier months, mix whisky with warm water and honey, and you'll find temporary relief to a sore throat.
    Those who find themselves unable or unwilling to exercise such moderation should not dissuade the rest of us from benefiting from and enjoying an adult beverage.

DDJ34, Jethro Rocker and EL 34 like this.
  12. Sapient

Sapient Reformed Witchdoctor Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

Yea, the routine is the same here...

- I'm a nice honest person "keeping it real" with you.
    - Whatever I do is to be accepted because I'm being nice and I disclosing it to you.
    - If you're that way, well that's just A-OK with me and should be with everyone else.
    - In fact we can all be this way because we're just nice honest human beings in the end.
    - I just like sticking a needle in my arm. I'm a very nice person though and we should all learn to get along. Smoke weed in front of the kids?? ..I'm not a perfect person and neither are you. Lol. Did you know I eat my GF's butt??

- CRITICIZE ME???????? WOOOOWWW!!!
    - <begin entitlement>
    - ADMINS! ADMINS! ADMIN!
    - I KNOW ALEX FOR GOT'S SAKE!!

The tactic to deprive the norm while normal people hold back and accept it to not "offend", eventually makes the new norm a deprived norm altogether. I call BS.

This really gets old.

500 Mike, DaDoc and MarshallDog like this.
  13. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Alcohol is a good thing, as long as you manage it and not let it manage you. :cheers:

14. shredless

I love getting wasted and lm proud of it

I dont need anyone telling me l need to stop or slow down. Stay in your lane, lll stay in mine.

LPMarshall hack likes this.
  15. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

AA substitutes addictions, switching alcoholics from booze to a cocktail of pseudocultish doctrine, ritualistic routine, co-dependence, nicotine, sugar, and caffeine

...but for some people that's an upgrade, because they're no longer waking up in jail or naked in unknown locations.

It really all depends.

PS i've had a few bad habits over the years, but I'm down to vaping and caffeine. Never needed or used rehab, counseling, or groups to address my vices. It's like getting shape, making a decision and sticking with it works TOO.

16. Michael Roe

Michael Roe Well-Known Member

Man, reading this thread has made me thirsty.
    BRB....
    Ahh, that's better.
    I feel for those guys who turn into alcoholics....that has got to suck. I've seen too many who have went down that path.
    I have never had that problem, thankfully. 1 or 2 is fine with me. I can also go months without ever having a drink. But, after mowing the grass on a hot day.....nothing better than a nice cold one.

DaDoc, pedecamp and MarshallDog like this.
  17. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

:thumbs:

Sapient likes this.
  18. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling Well-Known Member

To each their own. I didn't smoke pot for the first 5 years. We will not agree on this so moving on.

DaDoc likes this.
  19. EL 34

EL 34 Well-Known Member

Alcohol addiction is a disease. Alcohol can cause the body to become dependent on it. The whole chemistry in the body changes.

Caffeine and hard drugs have the same effect. I can't quit booze. I wish I could.

Willie Nelson, like so many, said that he gave up booze for weed and it saved his life.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    DaDoc likes this.
  20. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

A drug is neither moral nor immoral — it's a chemical compound. The compound itself is not a menace to society until a human being treats it as if consumption bestowed a temporary license to act like an asshole

-Frank Zappa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.