Agile guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Felipfrom212, May 1, 2014.

1. Felipfrom212

Felipfrom212 Active Member

Has anyone ever owned one?
    my buddy just got one he said it's aweseom i have yet to play it myself but ive heard nothing but good reviews on these guitars
    for a LP copy guitar it looks really nice
    and the prices are pretty good as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BlackSG91 likes this.
  2. Phildog

Phildog Active Member

Agiles, in my opinion, are great guitars! I had one a couple of years ago, and had NO complaints about it. If you can find a 3000 like I had, 3100 or better...get it, as long as the price is good. But the word is out on the Agile Les Paul style guitars. So finding one at a decent price may be difficult. Or, you may have better luck finding a Korean made Epi Les Paul...another terrific guitar!

3. Felipfrom212

yeah the one i found and fell in love with is sold already and all they have is the flame maple top (which in my opinion i don't like) hopefully i can find one soon

4. Razzle

Razzle Active Member

Yea I have one, love it. I got what they call a semi-custom that has a feature set not found in any Gibson. Check out the AGF, tons of info over there.

Felipfrom212 likes this.
  5. Phildog

Phildog Active Member

Felipfrom212 likes this.
  6. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Well-Known Member

Both guitars look great, but this one with DiMarzio D Activators & stainless steel frets w/ ebony FB & real abalone inlay...for $250?!?!?! That sure is a steal. I've heard so much about Agile guitars in the past how well they are made. This seems to reinforce my perception of them. If I ever save up enough money, I'll have to keep my eye out for one if any spark my interest like this one.:yesway:

[​IMG]

Razzle and Biddlin like this.
  7. Felipfrom212

oh man that one looks great! yeah im from central california i always forget to look on craigslist haha

BlackSG91 likes this.
  8. hbucker

hbucker New Member

I have limited exposure to Agile, but have every reason to believe they are a rock solid value, excellent guitars, and wonderful platforms for upgraded hardware and electronics. Their LP's may even be better LP's than Epiphones standard line. They're at least on an equal plane as the standard Epi's.

What hurts Agile, IMO, are the people who take it too far and convince themselves that Agile is as good or better than Gibson and anyone who has purchased a Gibson LP has simply wasted their money. This is just silly and these people need to get a little perspective.

As much as the value of Agiles will surely go up as people continue to appreciate their real value, there is a glass ceiling for their retail price, IMO. This is due to their internet only sales, overseas production, and what amounts to an off-brand identity that is a permanent part of there identity.

If you need/want an LP that is a rock solid player and don't have a budget for a Gibson, Agile's are a very good option to consider.

chucho likes this.
  9. BlackSG91

Oh, so all people who own Agile guitars are proletarians who can't afford over-priced Gibson's which have been known for QC issues...WTF???!!! Give me a fvcking break yoo corksnifferz!:wave: What a dumbass comment...you build the product up, then you tear it down with corksniferey. Are yoo that stoopid or what? I hear this bullshite all of the time and it's getting to sound like a broken record. These Agile guitars are great guitars period...any real musician would know that, not some know it all corksniffer like yoo sound to be. You obviously value paying extensive amounts of money on a guitar that you think is high quality and gives you that superior feeling that you own a better instrument than someone who owns and Agile, but may be a more superior guitarist to you because you believe you need to spend extraordinary amounts of money on a guitar to make you feel as competent as the person who is better than you who owns an Agile guitar and doesn't need to spend shitloads of money to prove he's better just because you spent more on a guitar that might be substandard to his/her. ;>)/

[​IMG]

10. hbucker

hbucker New Member

Wow... Over react much?? Please read my post again. :cool:

Do you see where I said "all people who own Agile guitars"??? Show me where I said that.

I didn't say that because I've never thought that. What I do believe is that there are SOME people who believe this. I disagree with these people. If you are one of these people, then I disagree with you. But I'm not calling anyone names am I...:cool: I can agree to disagree. Can you? Or does my disagreement mean I have a character flaw?

Did you read the rest of my post where I praise Agile guitars?? :cool: Did you know I don't own a Gibson? Did you know that I will agree that Gibson has some QC issues? Did you know that I think Gibson tends to be over priced? Did you know that I don't think any of these Gibson issues have anything to do with the quality of Agile guitars?

Agile LP's are a copy of Gibson LP's. That's a fact. I don't think comparing Agiles to Gibsons is inappropriate for this very reason.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Only opinions.

You read anything you want into what I wrote and feel free to be defensive about any of it. I know what I think and I know what I meant. :wave:

stalefish and stax like this.
  11. BlackSG91

Ok...I think I see you point...reverse corksnifferey.:lol: People owning Agile guitars becoming teh corksnifferz.:naughty: I never owned or played an Agile, but man they sure look real good for the price. Real abalone inlays and ebony FB...c'mon!:yesway: These guitars are gems. I already own almost 20 guitars with a mixture of high-end to low-end guitars. I appreciate high quality low-end guitars because I'm a cheapskate.;) To me I don't care if Agile is a copy of Gibson...I think Gibson is a copy of Agile.:) Whatever you make of it...it's a guitar that stands on it's own and comparing it to Gibson just makes it look all that better, especially for the price. It's a guitar really worth considering. It's a waste of time comparing an Agile to a a Gibson because...:wave:

hbucker likes this.
  12. hbucker

hbucker New Member

Thx Black,

A good guitar is a good guitar. It would be nice to devise a scale for quality that doesn't include comparisons, but that's what we're left with, IMO. How good is guitar "X"?? Would people be happier with, "good but not the best" ?

Also, saying a guitar isn't the best doesn't mean it can't be good.

PRS SE's are good guitars, but I'd rather have a PRS.
    Agiles are good gutiars, but I'd rather have a Gibson.
    MIM Fenders are good but I'd rather have an MIA.
    etc.

None of these statements are a slam on MIM's, SE's, or Agiles, IMO. Saying a guitar isn't the best available gets twisted on these forums into "... it sucks!" and I think that's unfortunate. It's simply not true 99.9% of the time.

Another backhanded compliment is often, "It's good for the money." Very often this is true and it reflects an excellent value. But it can also mean a product has obvious flaws but if they're virtually giving it away, I'll take one...

Hey Black, I appreciate your response and willingness to consider my viewpoint. We don't have to agree in order to respect each other, but respecting each other sure can help us to agree more often. ;)

And your point on reverse cork-sniffery is a very good one! I hadn't thought of it like that.

Have a great day!

BlackSG91 likes this.
  13. BlackSG91

Well I'm glad we cleared that up...I just misunderstood you earlier.;) I just get a laugh sometimes when people buy a Gibson (and I own two), and they think the value goes up automatically.:lol::lol::lol: The value goes down the first several years before it starts slowly climbing back up, so if people are buying a new Gibson Les Paul to turn in a profit the next year, they are in dreamland galore.:applause: You have to own a Gibson a very, very long time in order to make any profit. Any used Gibson guitar that is a few years old will sell much less than a brand new Gibson...it's a fact and check the prices. People have this illusion of buying a Gibson and making loads of money...good luck on buying an actual '59 LP!:lol: I wish I owned a time machine where I could go back in the 1980's where '59 Les Pauls were selling for $5,000 to $6,000...now a half to a quarter million these days?:ugh: But to sum things up, I think Agile guitars are impressive for the money. It's good to hear about guitars like these. The name on the headstock doesn't always have the final say.;)

14. hbucker

hbucker New Member

I also look at actual $$ lost, not just a percentage. If a $3k only loses 20% of its value, that's still $600 lost.

If a comparable $1k guitar loses 50% of its value, that's only $500. Yet people regard the owner of the $3k guitar as the smart investor. If everyone has the guitar they want, then they're all smart investors regardless of $$ lost or gained.

There are a lot of variable,s and nobody knows what values will be in 10+ years. IMO, the best "investment" comes from buying used. In that case, most of the depreciation has already taken place and you have very little to lose on resale.

Anyway, back to Agile...

BlackSG91 likes this.
  15. sgstratdude

sgstratdude New Member

I bought my agile for 250 bucks and it is a great guitar. It's a goldtop though and doesn't look anywhere as authentic as a Gibson or even epiphone.... but it plays well.

The ones that talk about resale value buying a 3000 dollar gibson and selling it for 1500 are absolute morons. And if Agile guitars were exact copies of Gibson their headstocks would break more often :)

scat7s and BlackSG91 like this.
  16. sgstratdude

sgstratdude New Member

OR you might have a bunch of Gibsons you DON"T want to take to shitty bars/clubs that only pay 100-150 bucks a night so you take the agile to not risk it.

There are many reasons people buy agiles besides not being able to afford something else. Just like some people do with their Squier's.

chucho and BlackSG91 like this.
  17. hbucker

hbucker New Member

What? Those Agiles don't hold their value at all! They lose 100% of their value! You're totally out $250!! ...Oh ...Wait.:hmm::D

BlackSG91 likes this.
  18. Felipfrom212

i like the way the 3100 and 3200 look the best and yeah ive heard that these are better guitars then epiphones but it is true a guitar is a guitar if you love it then hey you love your guitar the headstock on these guitars are cool i like them a lot

BlackSG91 likes this.
  19. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer . Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

They can weigh as much as 15 lbs.

stax likes this.
  20. stax

stax Well-Known Member VIP Member

I haven't played one that weighed under 12lbs, they are what they are. But BlackSG, you seem like a cool guy, but you turn into a crazed loon sometimes with the misunderstandings and name calling (this is not the first time I have seen this). Cool, calm and collected, not everyone need think like you.:)

Vinsanitizer and BlackSG91 like this.