A question for TSL60 users

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by marshalltsl, Sep 18, 2020.

1. marshalltsl

marshalltsl Well-Known Member

Hi all!

If I have a looper running on the FX loop with the master volumen at 10 or with the master in any setting, and you turn down OD channels volume you can't listen the looper.
    Maybe it's a normal funtion but I think the TSL60 looper it's so strange. Some TSL60 user here?
    Also the return level signal from fx it's really weak on It, low volume.
    Thanks so much!

SkyMonkey likes this.
  2. EADGBE

EADGBE Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you're asking. Anyway I never put anything into the effects loop of my two Marshall TSL60s. So I guess this is a bump for you. Maybe someone else will be able to answer your question.

marshalltsl likes this.
  3. The Dose of Harmony

The Dose of Harmony Well-Known Member

not sure what's your problem!!!

4. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey Well-Known Member

This could be due to the TSL60 Parallel FX Loop.
    The signal is split into parallel signals. One stays in the TSL (Dry), the other goes through the FX Loop (Wet).
    The FX Mix knob can turn down the Wet FX Loop signal (i.e. no FX Loop), but you can't turn down the Dry internal signal (i.e. to make it fully series).
    So, FX Mix @ 0 = Fully Dry, and FX Mix @ 10 = 50/50 Wet/Dry.
    This was one of the deal breakers I had with my DSL401 when I tried to go 4CM using a Boss GT-8.
    The permanent Dry signal just killed TBEs in the loop by phase cancellation and no amount of adjustment (i.e. kill-dry) could fully fix it.
    I traded up to a series FX Loop DSL40CR and Bingo! 4CM-a-go-go!

Make sure you have the FX Mix @ 10 for the loudest possible signal to your looper.
    If you've done that, I don't see how a signal you can hear with the looper OFF shouldn't be recorded and played back when the looper is ON.
    Unless it's faulty (amp or looper).

marshalltsl likes this.