A Happy Thanksgiving Story ...

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by crossroadsnyc, Nov 26, 2020.

1. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

Lonely Veteran Asks For Just One Person To Spend The Holidays With; Entire Town Shows Up Instead

On Thanksgiving eve, a Pennsylvania news station aired its "Talkback 16" segment, in which local viewers can call in with comments and requests.

One of these callers was Carl Braun, a 60-year-old disabled veteran who lives in Archbald, Pennsylvania.

Carl explained that ever since his mother passed away decades ago, his life has been very lonely and isolated.

For the past 15 years, Carl has spent each and every birthday and holiday season all by himself. No friends, no family, no special plans. He couldn't remember the last time he had a fun Thanksgiving filled with good food and that warm, cozy feeling.

So this time around, Carl took a chance and proclaimed his one simple request. He didn't know who, if anyone, would listen.

"I don't want no food," Carl said. "How about some friends? Fifteen years, I haven't had anybody to spend Thanksgiving with, my birthday, Christmas, New Year's. It's getting boring as hell, but I love what you're doing to help other people."

He never expected in his wildest dreams what happened once the station posted about Carl's message on social media. It's what the holiday season is all about.

Video in link:

https://littlethings.com/lifestyle/...over_fbpage&utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook

2. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

3. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Im confused, what does this have to do with disabled veterans?

MarshallDog likes this.
  4. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing.

But it's a Thanksgiving story.

5. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Thats so awesome what all those people did. Shows theres still some decent people left out there regardless of what main stream media reports!

6. Edgar Frog

Edgar Frog Well-Known Member

Very happy for the guy especially since I will be in the exact same boat someday. It's sad at the same time though, people can do great things like this for one person but can't seem to pull themselves together enough to help save their country.

7. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

Great story. Just goes to shows what people can do when we come together

8. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member