50 heads???

curt miller

Reaction score
A side consideration connected to all this.
Observing the bleak spectacle offered by many stages that do not see amplifiers (and often I am no longer missing in the backstage because digital is used ... it seems that the Quad Cortex is the great fashion of these years), or, if all goes well, a combo on support .... I must sadly note that we are already lucky to see stages with one or two heads with only one 4x12 each (placed side by side) ... depending on the size of the rooms) one or two stacks.
These days there are services and sound technicians who if you bring them a 2x12 already look at you like a pathetic dinosaur ..... terrible .... and even worse when along the sound check they tell you ... "Hey Man lower well the master volume that you raise the monitor ".
Total depression.
... and then you find yourself these dudes on social media doing ultra hard and angry rockers with photos of horns or teeth grinding ..... only to equalize and play at parish pop band levels .
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi .... Sadness.

Agree. I am so over the wussies whose first words at soundcheck are, "Turn down." Then after our first set at least one person in the club walks up and says, "Hey, I can barely hear your guitar. You need to turn up."

curt miller

Reaction score
He's clearly compensating for something.😊
It's part of his stage show. The Man is a phenomenal guitar player. He's a legend. So is his backline.
He gives what his audience comes to hear and see

Maybe you should go to one of his shows, meet him and share your dick joke with him. Then maybe he'd see the error of his ways and buy a Helix like the really good guitar players on The Gear Page.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
It isn't the topic, however, I always wondered how anyone can get empty Marshall cabs and heads?
you can get them...

I once saw an auction for empty SVT heads, that were wired w/ lights for Rex Brown, so he had the look of having a bunch of SVT heads fired up. I've heard the same about Alex Lifeson having some dummy heads w/ lights...

Yngwie though, as far as I know, he just uses normal heads & it's whatever is available. As long as they say Marshall on the front, he'll stack them...

Kidlargo

Reaction score
I saw him in November. He had mics on 2 cabinets on stage. He also had 1 stack off to the side that was miked up. The venue was not very large, so he may mic more of them elsewhere. His lead sound is good but, his rhythm sound is incredible.
Exactly. I talked to the sound guys in Indy a few years back. He was using 2 YJM heads, 1 at 100w and the other at 50 with 4 cabs. The rest they said was for real. I had early access and they sure didn't look like they were empty by the way these dude were handling them. I didn't pick one up so I couldn't say for sure lol.

Dirty-D

Reaction score
Observing the bleak spectacle offered by many stages that do not see amplifiers (and often I am no longer missing in the backstage because digital is used ... it seems that the Quad Cortex is the great fashion of these years), or, if all goes well, a combo on support .... I must sadly note that we are already lucky to see stages with one or two heads with only one 4x12 each (placed side by side) ... depending on the size of the rooms) one or two stacks.
These days there are services and sound technicians who if you bring them a 2x12 already look at you like a pathetic dinosaur ..... terrible .... and even worse when along the sound check they tell you ... "Hey Man lower well the master volume that you raise the monitor ".
Total depression.
... and then you find yourself these dudes on social media doing ultra hard and angry rockers with photos of horns or teeth grinding ..... only to equalize and play at parish pop band levels .
l always bring a full stack nothing less..I've gotten in to it with amatuer sound men before. My stance is always "then take me out of the house system" . You're talking about amatuers that want to controll your tone and can't mix unless everything is quiet .House sound man's job is to take what you have( within reason) and make it sound good. Now l'm not running my 100 watters at 6 ( l'd prefer it though) more at like 3 which is pretty fucking loud . You have to move air with your speakers or it's just limp.Don't bring a swiss army knife to an alley fight and don't bring a combo on stage unless it's a coffe shop and then fuck it bring a stack anyway. Same footprint same amount of realestate just way way cooler 🤘😝🤘

Crikey

Reaction score
Total depression.
I refuse to pay to see a band that doesnt play amps on stage

Pattherocker

Reaction score
I refuse to pay to see a band that doesnt play amps on stage
It makes a huge difference. Especially if the house system is not up to par. I’ve heard many no amp bands that is supposed to be rock and it’s all vocal with thin quiet guitar behind.
The band never knows how bad it sounds because they are on in ears and are getting their own mix from their own monitor mix tech so it sounds fine to them

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
If you really want the dummy heads and cabinets, either full size or just the fronts as shown in the picture a few posts above this one, you could either have a local cabinet shop make you some (just bring them some examples to copy from) or you could contact the Marshall company representative. They probably make dummies that are obtained via the artist relations department.

Occasionally, dummies do show up on Reverb and other sales sites.

Salty Rose

Reaction score
It's part of his stage show. The Man is a phenomenal guitar player. He's a legend. So is his backline.
He gives what his audience comes to hear and see

Maybe you should go to one of his shows, meet him and share your dick joke with him. Then maybe he'd see the error of his ways and buy a Helix like the really good guitar players on The Gear Page.
“…buy a Helix like the really good guitar players on The Gear Page.”
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Crikey

Reaction score
It makes a huge difference. Especially if the house system is not up to par. I’ve heard many no amp bands that is supposed to be rock and it’s all vocal with thin quiet guitar behind.
The band never knows how bad it sounds because they are on in ears and are getting their own mix from their own monitor mix tech so it sounds fine to them
Truth!
I dont play music for make the soundguys life easier
To me , the clean stage look, is fake
Its sterile, it lacks presence and looks like a Disney movie set.
Shit, id rather listen to my favorite bands at home than pay to see a “ clean” stage and what looks like fake playing