4212 w/ A Little Juice

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this amp in Germany , '01 or so . Never liked either channel really .
The red channel was ok for solos , but I didn't like it for chords , or cleaning up . The clean channel was so sterile
At some point about 15 yrs ago, I saw a route to happiness thru the clean channel that didn't involve much invasiveness
I can't remember how many tubes are involved ,maybe one ,maybe one and a half . Anyhow ,I changed a couple resistor values and added a pull mid boost on a cathode .....perfect .Ive been really happy with it since . Sometimes I think I hear a cross 'tween a Marshall and an AC30...depending on the guitar /settings . Anyway , it rocks

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I got this amp in Germany , '01 or so . Never liked either channel really .
The red channel was ok for solos , but I didn't like it for chords , or cleaning up . The clean channel was so sterile
At some point about 15 yrs ago, I saw a route to happiness thru the clean channel that didn't involve much invasiveness
I can't remember how many tubes are involved ,maybe one ,maybe one and a half . Anyhow ,I changed a couple resistor values and added a pull mid boost on a cathode .....perfect .Ive been really happy with it since . Sometimes I think I hear a cross 'tween a Marshall and an AC30...depending on the guitar /settings . Anyway , it rocks

Love it sounds great buddy

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Mitch, sounds great!

It’s always a privilege listening to you play, even just a few bars buddy!

Latest posts