41 Years.....

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
john-lennon-1-758x758.jpg

I was a week from graduating college. My life was about to change from that of a kid in school to an adult in the working world. My two roomates and I went to my painting studio on campus and looked at the semester's works, admiring and critiquing. Hard to believe I was done. Now what?

On the way back we heard the news on the car radio. We were all silent for the ride to our apartment. I stood outside and looked at the clear, starry December sky. I was sad and angry knowing that I would have to live in a world where there is no John Lennon.

I looked at the stars. I felt a little better, knowing that he was at peace. I said, "Goodbye, John."

Last edited:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I watched it. I thought it was pretty insightful to how those guys worked/created their songs. A lot of goofing off, which surprised me, but was cool to see. I enjoyed it.
I thought it was quite good, tons of non sense . It makes me wonder how they ever got any work done. Paul does seem to be a bit more in to finishing.

Of course I had not noticed the Anniversary of John’s horrible death was today. I guess we should observe this day but I would just like to remember him.

Last edited:

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dec 1980 ,I was 17 , a senior in my 3rd HS ,goin through 17yr old stuff with my parents (mostly guitar related :lol:)

I recall falling asleep on Monday Night Football and not really finding out 'til I saw the zombie faces at school the next day .

jmp45

Reaction score
Going to wrap up the doc this week. The collaboration was interesting to see and not just from Paul and John.

I was x-raying a jet a fuel line at the Dayton airport when I heard of John's death. It was a grim moment. I was always a fan, not a huge fan, but a fan nevertheless.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool ass Lennon story
Told to me by drummer ,Sandy Gennarro ,when we were on the road with Bo Diddley
Sandy told me he and legendary guitar hired gun , Earl Slick ,were best friends as kids .
So Earl was working on Double Fantasy. As the album wrapped up ,John was gonna throw a listening party at the studio . The musicians involved were allowed to invite a guest ,Earl invited his ol' pal Sandy.
So Sandy said it was all cool , he got to meet Lennon and everything .While there in the studio ,he noticed a Rickenbacker guitar on a stand .He asked John if he could see it , John said ,sure. So Sandy picks it up ,checks it out , strums a little ......then he notices on the back there is a setlist taped ........It's the setlist from CANDLESTICK !!!!! The Beatles last live gig . It's now 1980 and John has kept this on there the whole time . John Lennon may have been a nasty guy at times ...flawed like the rest of us , but dammit, he was not shallow !

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
If only Yoko had absorbed the bullets that went for John. Things would have been so much better!

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Back then, I was just a little kid focused on little kid stuff, but I saw the reaction of people around me to the news of Lennon's death. Now, it's like a little kick in the stomach to read about it, see old videos of the night the news broke, and see people talk about that night.

Sometimes I, like a lot of people, wonder what if...

RIP John

Latest posts