35yrs AND UP headbangers: How do you keep your hair formal when needed

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by jayce1219, Nov 9, 2015.

1. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you have a good head of hair! My only suggestions off hand would be to maybe have it trimmed every few months (even if it's just a bit at the ends to keep them from splitting … will keep it much healthier / looking better), and rather than washing daily, you might want to try washing every other day / every few days. It's good to wash your hair & scalp, but the natural oils (sebum) that seep out of your scalp and onto your hair are very healthy, so you don't want to strip them away on a daily basis. In fact, you can even stretch out the number of washes each week by adding some dry shampoo into the mix (i usually use this the day before a wash).

2. Bear R.

Bear R. Well-Known Member

Well Mr. Hair Care..you got it going on..and I mean that in a good way Crossroads..ha,ha...I wash mine every few days just for those reasons..

and I can see from your Avatar that you mean business...ha,ha..

3. The Ozzk

The Ozzk Well-Known Member

Life style, career path, work environment... Many things at play and real life consequences come with keeping your hair long.

It's a matter of personal choice. I 100% respect that; however, first thing that pops in my mind is, "Man, this guy can't let 1982 go..."

I repeat, that's the first thing that comes to mind, it doesn't mean that it is true in all cases. In my experience though, it is true about 75% if the time.

:yesway:

4. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

if a guy still uses Aqua Net in 2015.... you have issues.

5. blues_n_cues

blues_n_cues Well-Known Member VIP Member

buncha danm metrosexuals....:lol:

6. poeman33

poeman33 Well-Known Member

Bald mullets say dork even more than a pocket protector. For those of of us who's hairline has receded more than the great lakes shoreline...keep it short. I don't think you have to shave it, but really short looks the best I think.

7. crossroadsnyc

I love hair :yesway:

8. crossroadsnyc

There are much better hair sprays on the market today if that's your choice in styling product.

9. Grenade

Grenade Well-Known Member

Shaved my head 5 years ago. I've saved a fortune not buying shampoo. And all the chicks insist on rubbing it.

10. The Ozzk

[​IMG]

This thread it's getting pretty ghey. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :cool:

11. deadear

deadear Active Member

If you don't mind short just buy some clippers. I do my own and have not paid for a hair cut in 10 years. Takes ten minutes once a month.:hbang:

12. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

Ok so I'm not quite 35 yet but it's only like a year and a half away. My hair has always been really thin and stringy but somehow I managed to get a totally metal look out of it for years. I began losing it several years ago and then it just became crappy looking. I had to cut my beloved locks off. I missed it at first but it's truly better. It doesn't grow up top so well anymore so I just decided to quit shaving.

I used to hate KK and scott ian for doing the whole bald thing (WHAT!? BALD?! THAT'S NOT METAL!), but I've since begun to understand and I am humbled lol
    I'm eventually going to have the same look about me.
    It's about accepting the things I cannot change and changing the things I can.....lol

13. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Yup, I think you're right about that..Especially since I've moved to Montana, it's really dry humidity-wise out here!

14. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Nahh. metrosexuals are into the poofta-styled short hair, or shaved head thing..:lol:

The ones that crack me up these days is the short hair with the moussed-up pointy thing coming down the middle, like they never combed their hair when they got outta that morning..Or the little moussed-up front thingie, like they have a wave breaking above their foreheads that's not quite big enough to surf on..And then there's the one cops seem so fond of, shaving the sides and leaving the top a little longer..Makes them look like they have a strip of carpet glued to the top of their heads..:rofl:

15. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

They probably think you're Budda and are rubbing it for luck..:naughty:

16. dreyn77

dreyn77 Well-Known Member

1982?
    have you seen the movie with mel gibson and he's playing the local fighter back in the day against the english?
    they all had LONG HAIR back then.
    infact it was only the romans and their new style which had the short haircuts like russel crow in the movie gladiator.
    did you see the 'supposed german' army (of another name from whatever country it was called back then) who russel and his men were fighting? all long hair dudes.

how far back do sissors go anyway? not very far back in time.
    the combe does go way back in time. wooden and bone combes were a prized possession and given to loved ones. (or skanky hoes)

I use to hear people talking about men's bad hair all the time. I heard the laughs and the snears, and I eventually realised that people need make believe situations. the hair dye wasn't needed to impress elvis himself, NO, it was needed to fool the public.
    the public secretly LOVES that stuff.
    john travolta knows this stuff too.

the combe over the wig the perm the dark color on the skin under the hair tricks and whatever are ALL NEEDED for the stupid idiot people who look at you and never think past silly thoughts.

the guy who plays the nasty pirate in those old treasure films, has the worst comb over you could imagine but it makes him standout and you remember him and it makes him a F*ing bad ass!

I did an experiment with my latest dog's hair. {aust cattle dog. the same as Dave Lee Roth has ;) } I almost never wash it for him.
    he rolls in the dirt almost every day. but over the years he's developed the most awesome coat of hair imaginable.
    they, like us are designed to loose the bad hair.
    the dark hair turns to clear over the year and eventually falls out. the lower coat is almost never seen and keeps the warmth in, but it lets go in autum.
    the oil on the hair means the dirt never stays on him.

If it's hot, or covered in mud, he gets a cold shower, but other than that, he's on his own. his body is perfectly designed to handle the earth environment. no worries.

use any trick you want, and never give it a second thought. and never be swayed by the gossip talk cause they've been proven to be totally wrong.

the subconsience actions relating to the bloke with the wig is the real reaction to go by and it's a favourable one. the comb over works! so too does the long hair and the short hair etc...

the gossip just says, "I'm walking on planet earth and i've noticed something different out there which isn't the earth. it's funny that I'm walking around noticing stuff. chuckle chuckle chuckle, haha, giggle giggle giggle".

that's a human.

there's no thoughts beyond just that. there's no thoughts like, "If I laugh at that hair cut, what will happen to that person in 20 years time?"

I've seen you, you're different, I laugh. I'm not even thinking at this point. that's people.
    if you ask them, they'll react to the question! immediately you'll get an answer and it will seem like a brilliant well planned and carefully thoughtout responce.

but if you probe the answer you'll find out that they're just a complete idiot who didn't plan anything.

17. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

You must be talking about "Braveheart".

You're right. The Romans were some of the first "short hairs".

Ya know Dreyn, you sometimes make a rather profound comment! :yesway:

18. crossroadsnyc

There's nothing gay about keeping your hair looking good :cool:

19. dreyn77

dreyn77 Well-Known Member

yeah but the interesting thing is, People still have NO idea what the hair is actually doing.

why are we SO bald in the majority of our bodies? but have a mass of hair on top of our heads?

there's NO animal even remotely like us in that reguard.

a horse is kinda similar but not close.

put some bleach on your hair and notice the massive skull burn taking place.
    so we know the hair is an input into the brain.
    it senses the air quality. if the sky has acid rain/ acid air, you'll notice it.

the nose's function isn't to sense the air in such detail as the hair on your head does.

the nose's function is to provide food directly too the blood and filter it.
    hair is for noticeing the enviroment. so, the longer it is the better it can perform that role.
    it's NOT cosmetic. it's curtainly NOT fashion.

it's also performing a role of, cooling the head by letting the liquids have easy access to the outside world. the longer the hair the more drawing force that happens inside the head to remove liquids to the outside world.
    it's a 2 way sensor/cooling effect.

just wear a dark hat on a sunny day and notice how much water is collected in the hat after 10 minutes.
    was that water gas which converted back to water cause it suddenly cooled inside the hot hat?
    no likely.

so it was water passed through the skin onto the hair, to perform some role as a transfer between the outside an the inside of the head.
    we know from experience that space transfers temp much better if the 'thing' is slightly wet.

do nothing or anything to your hair. you will eventually go from being young to being old. so you'll play all the roles out there some day. today they won't laugh tomorrow they laugh.
    they didn't notice you, now they do. ;)
    yeah, it's earth and they don't have the answers! I'm sure of that!

20. The Ozzk