304 Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by ricksdisconnected, Nov 26, 2021.

1. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

thats the whole point, you wont need one in your life time lol.

StrummerJoe likes this.
  2. ricksdisconnected

well it is a brand new product. they probably have to at that point to get
    someone of caliber to take notice and do the review.

i like Darrell's channel. always did. i like the way he does his reviews.

StrummerJoe likes this.
  3. Sapient

Sapient   Silver Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

Vinsanitizer and fitz288 like this.
  4. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

5. ricksdisconnected

lol what an idiot.

StrummerJoe, Sapient and fitz288 like this.
  6. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

Yeah, magazine reviews were obviously biased because of advertisers. The reviewer might point out a lot of negative things but would finish with " this pedal would be great for someone looking for a distortion pedal"

There is another YouTube reviewer that now does paid endorsements. I can't think of his name right now but one eye is crossed and he has a lot of Suhr gear.

I'm not going to fault these guys for taking money; it just was nice when they would let us know about guitars that weren't worth the money or trouble.

StrummerJoe likes this.
  7. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

I like him too. He doesn't do the over the top clickbait videos. Seems like a cool guy, the kind of guy that would be your buddy, the kind of guy you could trust. The kind of guy that doesn't care that you threw up in the back of his car.

8. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer >>> Fridgerator <<< Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

I don't know, I'll have to stock up on fingerprint cleaner?
    Will we all sound exactly the same in the new world order?
    Can I get one with stainless steel rosewood?
    How much, are we up to $6K for standard production guitars yet?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  9. StrummerJoe

StrummerJoe Well-Known Member

You are thinking of Pete Thorn.

10. StrummerJoe

I kept thinking about this guitar last night for some weird reason and have a major concern. The bridge.

You can only adjust the height, not the length of the string. That WILL cause intonation issues when you change the height because it also changes the length - no matter how small a change it is still a change.

Also, the only way to adjust the height is through the back of the bridge saddles with an allen key which YOU CAN'T DO WITH THE STRING IN IT! How big a pain in the ass, not to mention wasteful, is it going to be to remove the string - adjust the saddle - restring - remove the string - adjust - etc...until you get it where you want? Good luck getting your used string back through the bridge/saddle post after it's is already curlycued from the tuner post. See what I mean?

I think in trying to be clever they overlooked a couple of things there.

I do like the concept and the use of titanium, I just think the execution is flawed.

RLW59, ricksdisconnected and fitz288 like this.
  11. ricksdisconnected

what gave it away?

jeffb, StrummerJoe and fitz288 like this.
  12. ricksdisconnected

i wonder if there is a saddle adjusted underneith in the cavity? if it adjusts towards the backing plate or your belly
    doable yes?
    my question and a flaw also is the sharp angle the string seems to take coming out of the holes to go acrss the guitar.
    both of our questions are legit but it would seem that a guitar designed like this they would have thought of these
    i would think.

13. StrummerJoe

I'm not sure...:hmm:

Lucky guess.

ricksdisconnected likes this.
  14. StrummerJoe

It says in the video that the height adjustment in through the back, or the tring ferrule, which is why it is threaded. There's just no way to do it without wasting a string or two..or three...

I have no problem with the break angle of the string. The titanium looks well rounded and smooth. Also much harder than any string alloy I know of so it well never develop grooves.

Sometimes the smartest guy in the room is an idiot.

15. ricksdisconnected

forgive the fact that the test room doubles as a kitchen. :rolleyes:

StrummerJoe likes this.
  16. jeffb

jeffb Well-Known Member

I have less than Zero interest in the guitar, but regarding "reviews"

Pete Thorn to me was never a "reviewer". He does gear demos. Big difference. That other guy, who I've watched a few times is more of a "reviewer", historically- but sounds to me like he is getting into the "demo" thing.

I had this dilemma myself in another industry around 20-25 years ago. I was an online product review writer, and I amassed a bit of a following on the more popular industry forums and a few websites during those early days. I was impartial, technical, and thorough (and my writing was much better and well edited than my forum banter these days). Eventually companies started sending me product to "review", some companies sent me product to "demo". Eventually I was receiving job offers and sponsorships and there was people questioning my morality, and my honesty (despite remaining true to my process for reviews) and I gave it all up because it killed all the fun for me. Had I been smart, and known what youtube would become- I would have kept it up, and done technical demo's, and I'd probably be here posting pics of all of my 70s Marshalls instead of my Origin 20.

Point of my post- Most people who are reviewers end up doing demos, and there is a big difference.Additionally, many of these people doing reviews on yootoob are monetized- they are not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

StrummerJoe likes this.
  17. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

upload_2021-11-28_8-41-13.jpeg [​IMG][​IMG]

I never was attracted to an Armstrong, Black Knife graphite, or a Travis Bean, but this modern-techno has some tonal appeal that I am hearing when playing in clean mode.
    I am not fond of their appraoch on "fixed intonation". What guage have they permantley intonated with? guessing .009's

StrummerJoe likes this.
  18. Sapient

I don't think there is anyone on YT doing anything out of the kindness of their heart. Man is always the same with every generation that is put on Earth in that he's an eternal seeker of vanity. "Look at me." In the '80s everyone wanted to be a rock star. Hence, "Look at me."

I remember in forums back before YT people would never give their tips and tricks on a weekly basis for the other members. It's was "Learn it yourself", "Me, help you, full time for NO reason other than just to do it. Why do I wanna help you maybe get better than me??".

Enter YouTube - Our modern answer to self vanity.

People now like to get on YT because they just can't wait to "help" you with the things they know about. I miss when we could just put of a crummy vid and it wasn't overshadowed by "Mr. YouTube Celebrities'" highly produced "program" in priority and position. I hate when they speak in a tone that suggests I know them too when I have no idea who the bozo is.

This is the new "rock star" and there is no difference in the vanity seeking and obtaining of it with YT. Everyone's just gotta have it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    jeffb likes this.
  19. Sapient

Old boy in the suit at :43 can REALLY play. I love when dudes dig along and play like he is.

20. Sapient