304 Guitars

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Interesting. They are running a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for mass manufacture. Canadian. Ian Thornley seemed to like it.

304 Guitars - YouTube

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
...but no price, no way to order, just a contact us link and a kickstarted fund raiser.

they are just starting out as you see.
lets see who gets the closest here.
im betting $1,800 most guitars from
Canada are very reasonably priced.
if it was USA for the same guitar i would have
to say $3,200 w/o case.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
I can hear the cork sniffin' nay sayers on a certain other forum trying to compare it to an old aluminum neck Travis Bean or Kramer and claiming how it will change shape depending on temperature, heat from the hands, stagelights, sun, etc...before they ever even touch one. Freakin' dillholes.

I have an all metal Ogre Magnox M2 made from a magnesium alloy that stays true no matter the weather...and without a truss rod.

I'm sure the stainless they are using has more rigidity than that.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I can hear the cork sniffin' nay sayers on a certain other forum trying to compare it to an old aluminum neck Travis Bean or Kramer and claiming how it will change shape depending on temperature, heat from the hands, stagelights, sun, etc...before they ever even touch one. Freakin' dillholes.

I have an all metal Ogre Magnox M2 made from a magnesium alloy that stays true no matter the weather...and without a truss rod.

I'm sure the stainless they are using has more rigidity than that.

come on bro, whats your price guess?

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are just starting out as you see.
lets see who gets the closest here.
im betting $1,800 most guitars from
Canada are very reasonably priced.
if it was USA for the same guitar i would have
to say $3,200 w/o case.
where ya at joe, fritz?
I'm thinking decent quality Strat = $2k, + $1k for the "innovative" fretboard, so I'm in for a guess $3k (USD).
Is this like the price is right, closest without going over?

South Park

Reaction score
Just another gizmo gadget . A wooden neck with a metal cover . So what happens when you need new frets you get a whole new neck . And what fun is it when a guitar stays in tune all the time

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Just another gizmo gadget . A wooden neck with a metal cover . So what happens when you need new frets you get a whole new neck . And what fun is it when a guitar stays in tune all the time
LOL

The frets are machined out of the same stainless steel as the fretboard. You can't remove them. The claim is that the SS they use is harder than the industry standard used for fretwire because they don't need any pliability.

Jimi Hendrix was out of tune a lot, so I get that. Neil Young has had a long career playing out of tune.

I don't think Kurt Cobain even knew what a tuner was yet a whole generation thought he was great. Easiest decade ever $$$ to give guitar lessons. :rolleyes:

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
It says "includes paid promotion" in the video
Thanks. I missed it.

Bummer. Less likely to be critical of anything in that case. You ever notice when you see a review of a never before heard of product in the guitar magazines is the same month you see the first ever add for that product and the review was glowing?

Latest posts