>

2203 100 wat head reissue problems

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Johnny Blade, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Johnny Blade

Johnny Blade New Member

Whenever I use the effects loop, I get ALOT of hiss, only thing going in there is a boss eq and delay stomp box. I have the selector set to minus 10 DBs even. but if I remoove all effects from the loop, I still get the hiss. When I push in the bypass button, no fx or not, the amp is super quiet. This occurs even when the amps master is turned to zero. (preamp vol is dimed). HELP?

Attached Files:

2. Johnny Blade

Johnny Blade New Member

I forgot to mention, I get this hiss through my fx loop even with no guitar plugged in and all knobs turned to zero. If I put the fx loop in standby, it is dead silent. I just replaced all the tubes and had all the fuses replaced as well.

3. charveldan

charveldan Well-Known Member

Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
    Take a patch cord & some contact cleaner, spray the cleaner on the one end of the patch cord and work it in & out of the FX loop jacks, do not spray the cleaner directly into the amp.

Just because you replaced the tubes doesn't mean you can't have a bad one, if you have a tube buffered FX loop, pull the FX tube and clean the pins of the tube lightly with sandpaper.

If both these don't work, you may have something else going on.

You could also try spraying contact cleaner on the pins of the FX tube and work it in & out of the tube socket.

4. Strateuphoria

Strateuphoria New Member

2203x, just like the rest of the vintage reissues, uses a small solid state fx loop circuit board that sits seperate to the main board.

There might be a small component that went bad on it. idk

also it might be better if you ask in the workbench section.

5. Johnny Blade

Johnny Blade New Member

Thanx, those are all good ideas I am getting used to playing this amp with no fx anyways, I use a maxon ts-808 in front, and thats it. this amp is the loudest mother fu*#%$er with the 2 4x12 1960 cabs I plug it into. Yeah that is true, even though I paid 200 bucks for new tubes,that doesnt mean I cant have a bad one lol!

6. Johnny Blade

Johnny Blade New Member

looks like im off to get some contact cleaner. Remember though, it happenes with NO FX plugged in at all. If I take out all cords from the 2 loop in/out and press the black button to dissengage and do a clean bypass the hiss goes away. Just wondered if when they rebuilt this, they put in a joke effcts loop. I hope its not what stratauphoria said about the circut board.

7. Johnny Blade

Johnny Blade New Member

looks like im off to get some contact cleaner. Remember though, it happenes with NO FX plugged in at all. If I take out all cords from the 2 loop in/out and press the black button to dissengage and do a clean bypass the hiss goes away. Just wondered if when they rebuilt this, they put in a joke effcts loop. I hope its not what stratauphoria said about the circut board.

8. jsf9k666

jsf9k666 New Member

Any resolution? I am having the same problem with my 2203x, even with the send and receive jumpered with a patch cable. The hiss is louder with the loop set at -10dB, but still audible at +4dB.

9. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member