2061cx sounds fizzy?

lespaulsg

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a 2061cx cabinet loaded with the stock speakers. I run the sv20h through it and noticed that it sounds pretty fizzy as compared to when i run the same head to my orange 212 w/ creambacks. The 2061cx is very trebly and has this bee-like distortion going on wherw as the orange cuts a lot of the high frequency/trebly fizz

i would compare it to turning the treble all the way up or all the way down on your eq pedal, thats how different the sounds are

is this normal for the 2061cx as i know the marshall sound is pretty trebly. I never really noticed this from my 2061cx until i started playing in front of the amp instead of off to the side and noticed its so treble-y

have the speakers in my 2061cx crapped out?

thanks

steveb63

Reaction score
IMO
My opinion only, it's the sonic signature of the speakers.

Load some 12M Greenbacks in that cab, and I believe you will love your cab again.

_Steve

Reaction score
I have a SV20H and a 2061cx. IMHO the anniversary speakers mine came with were just terrible. Not fizzy, but all treble with no "body", no punch, no woof.

I put in G12M-70s (the ones everyone thinks are shit) and it's now my favorite cab by far and my go-to. Don't sell the cab, I think it's already becoming recognized as a gem.

purpleplexi

Reaction score
Sold mine. Didn't like the V30s. Probably should've tried some other speakers in there. Like the ' mini 4 x 12' look.