2007 1960A 4X12 CABINET - BRITISH RACING GREEN - SPECIAL EDITION

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by Ronnie McTavish, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Ronnie McTavish

Ronnie McTavish New Member

Hi all,

Posted before but have managed to finally sort some things out and get into the cabinet.

I am looking to price my Special Edition Marshall 1960a cab in British racing green - with a view to selling at some point in the near future as I need to downsize due to not gigging anymore and moving.

The cab was a part of a series / promo created sold in 2007 and was one of only 50 made in the UK, would anyone hazard a guess of what this might be worth? There are some tears/scuffs on the tolex on the front and back due to years of gigging and touring (not sorry! had the time of my life) which will reduce the price I am sure. All internals look fantastic and everything is in working order.

It is a fantastic sounding cab, 8/16OH, Celestion Speakers G12T-75 x 4.

Recently I have had a JCM 900 running through (selling separately) - but I've also had a MESA dual rectifier, Orange TH50 and Marshall JMP in the past which all sound awesome.

Any help or guide on where to pitch would be great.

image2.jpeg image0.jpeg

GIBSON67 and BlueX like this.
  2. Crikey

Crikey Well-Known Member

Nice color. But Not sure green tolex is making it extra Extra special. Id say $700 tops. Anyone else care to price it?

3. Ronnie McTavish

Ronnie McTavish New Member

This is what I thought, it was a rare release but not sure what else makes it 'special'. I contacted Marshall directly but all they provided were the factory dates etc.

I have only ever seen one on the market though, I was told a few years ago these were rather sort after but I am not sure the exact reason, I just used it for gigging as it sounded fantastic.

Crikey likes this.
  4. Crikey

Crikey Well-Known Member

If it had greenbacks and something else other than green tolex might it may be worth much more. Imo

Torren61 likes this.
  5. FutureProf88

FutureProf88 Well-Known Member

Awwww man that's cool.