2005 LP STD Faded Honeyburst

sccloser

Reaction score
We had a fan share a few shots he took at our last show. He is me with my '05 Standard faded in honeyburst. All stock except for the switchtip and a little virtuosos polish to give it a little shine...

sccloser-albums-stuff-picture7500-vic-w-faded-burst.jpg
[/IMG]

Note mkiii head and 1960ax cab in background...:D

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
yes sir!

that's a fine set up my friend:D

the faded standards are some of the "cheaper" favorites in the les paul camp for me. we already know how i feel about the MKIII:naughty:

sccloser

Reaction score
sccloser-albums-stuff-picture7501-vic-harleys-ii-lp.jpg
[/IMG]

sccloser-albums-stuff-picture7502-vic-ventures-lp.jpg
[/IMG]

sccloser-albums-stuff-picture7503-vic-brewers-lp.jpg
[/IMG]

In that last shot I had not put the polish on it yet. Oh, and I used the JCM 800 2205 that night....hehe!

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
Nice axe bro.
After having done some upgrades to it my standard faded is probably the best guitar i've ever had or played. One of the best kept secrets in the guitar world. I think the tone is so good because it doesn't have a (thick) layer of nitrocellulose over it which allows the wood to breathe.

Lowlife

Reaction score
Nice axe bro.
After having done some upgrades to it my standard faded is probably the best guitar i've ever had or played. One of the best kept secrets in the guitar world. I think the tone is so good because it doesn't have a (thick) layer of nitrocellulose over it which allows the wood to breathe.

What did you do to yours?

sccloser

Reaction score
Nice axe bro.

I have heard that they come with burstbucker pro pups, but mine had a BB1 in the neck and a BB2 in the bridge. I have been very happy with those pups. To my ears they are much better sounding than the Tim Shaws I had in my 85 Standard.

Reaction score
Man, do I miss that series. I had one and loved it but like I do with so many guitars, I sold it to buy something else. I'd love to have it back. That's a beautful guitar. Cherish it.

Lowlife

Reaction score
I have heard that they come with burstbucker pro pups, but mine had a BB1 in the neck and a BB2 in the bridge. I have been very happy with those pups. To my ears they are much better sounding than the Tim Shaws I had in my 85 Standard.

I love my neck pickup, but the bridge one is kinda shrill, so I rarely use it...considering replacing it, or maybe changing the tone cap.

guitargoalie

Reaction score
i have a limited run '11 tradition faded, basically the same thing but with a honeyburst finish and speed knobs. It's my favourite guitar, I've noticed I have the same wear on the paint in that spot between the pickups, what is that from?

sccloser

Reaction score
i have a limited run '11 tradition faded, basically the same thing but with a honeyburst finish and speed knobs. It's my favourite guitar, I've noticed I have the same wear on the paint in that spot between the pickups, what is that from?

That's where my fingers on my picking hand rub on it when I am playing. A lot of players use their pinky or sometimes their ring finger on their picking hand to stabilize their hand when picking.