1974x mains fuse blown help

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by foreverstrung, Oct 10, 2021.

1. foreverstrung

foreverstrung New Member Gold Supporting Member

dag7.jpg dag6.jpg dag5.jpg dag6.jpg dag5.jpg dag5.jpg dag4.jpg dag3.jpg dag2.jpg dag1.jpg 1st couple of pics of the bad PT prior to pulling

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  2. foreverstrung

Sorry, double sent 3 of them

3. foreverstrung

dag trans .jpg hammond trans.jpg hammond trans drawing.jpg dag trans .jpg hammond trans.jpg hammond trans drawing.jpg Attached it the Dagnall pulled, on bench, and them the Hammond on the bench and then the Hammond diagram Would really like the Dagnall sheet to compare to. Or if anyone can clarify color location of Hammond using this drawing to mark up, I'd pay. Or donate to your favorite charity. :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  4. foreverstrung

Yes, I'd like to install this Hammond before the Marshall replacement shows up. Because IDK how long that'll be. Maybe a couple weeks, maybe a couple months. They told me they were going to send me a new one, but they didn't say when

5. Chris-in-LA

Chris-in-LA Well-Known Member

The pic of the Hammond wiring is so small it’s unreadable. The file is only 16k. I think you can post much bigger ones, at least 500k. Try posting full size instead of thumbnails.

6. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member

7. Chris-in-LA

That picture is great. Are you able to make the right connections using this layout? The colors look pretty standard for a build with a tube rectifier. Bit looks like the Mojotone 18watt wiring diagram is pretty close. With the exception of your yellow/black wire which may be yellow/white in their diagram. Not sure if that’s helpful. What are you going to do about the spade connections?

https://www.mojotone.com/Amp_Kits/British/British_18W_TMB_WD.pdf

8. Chris-in-LA

With any luck your new PT will come with a diagram. But, if the Hammond works I’d just use it and save the other one as a spare.

9. foreverstrung

Thx for posting that pic Mickeydg5. I'll figure out how to post pics better in time. On 18watt forum someone pretty much gave me a foolproof layout of wires using this diagram. I found another, using a hammond tranny to build a 18w clone. between the 2, I've got it down now. 100%, but now that I do have my head wrapped around it, I'm thinking of waiting at least a few more days to see if the Marshall replacement shows up. I'm more of a purest than pushing this through. At first there, I couldn't leave it alone, because I didn't understand. Now that I do, I can wait a bit......Either way, the extra tranny I have I'll use to build a 18w clone....Love this stuff. Thanks everyone for the help and support

Chris-in-LA and neikeel like this.
  10. foreverstrung

Glad I waited. New PT from Marshall came today. I installed and trimmed it out. powered it up with all tubes in place and it didn't blow up, so theres that. I'll put it back 100% tomorrow and plug in a guitar and see how she holds up. Attached is the pic after I trimmed it out a bit, but before tubes.
    new PT.jpg

Chris-in-LA likes this.
  11. Chris-in-LA

That was some fast service on behalf of Marshall.