1971 Marshall Super Lead - Modded by Jose - Video

boola1

Reaction score
Would you like to listen to a halfway decent recording of a 1971 Marshall modded by the legendary amp modder Jose Arredondo?, then you might want to check this out.

Thanks for this! Is this one of the amps with the preamp selector dial on the back? If so, please could you tell us what it does? I've not seen that on a Jose before. Thanks!

Rezamatix

Reaction score
The amp above sounds good, no doubt, and the fact that it apparently cleans up is a testament to the modder. It just amuses me that the tones are so similar to a stock amp with pedal.
it's literally a 40 year old mod on a 50 year old amp, think about what the stock ones sounded like then...

boola1

Reaction score
This is my not nearly so professional demo of my Gower modded 73 which has the more recognised 2 extra gain stages and zener diodes. In this clip I'm not using the zener stage, just the 2 extra tube stages.

Sounds quite different to your amp Reza. I'd still like to know all about that preamp control.

racerxrated2

Reaction score
it's literally a 40 year old mod on a 50 year old amp, think about what the stock ones sounded like then...
Yes...back then, not a lot of great pedal choices like there are now. Plus, many players wanted to plug straight in and have the amp get all the gain you need at any volume.

But, my 72 with 2 pedals in front gets thick and saturated; will do 80s HR/metal with ease. With amazing clarity and enough thump to make a Wizard MC blush. I set each pedal to moderate boost levels and its tight as anything that I've played. So many great boost pedals out there makes it easy to grab a great vintage or reissue NMV Marshall, and just add a pedal or two and you have a killer machine.

john l

Reaction score
The amp above sounds good, no doubt, and the fact that it apparently cleans up is a testament to the modder. It just amuses me that the tones are so similar to a stock amp with pedal.
I dont see if its been ascertained that diode clipping is a part of this mod but for what its worth Ive always considered clean up with the volume knob to be one of the strengths of clipping circuits. Clips sound great Reza. You seem to always post content thats right up my alley. Thanks for taking the time.

josep_cla

Reaction score
Fuck, bro. Insane. I can not believe there is a Marshall sounding better than yours on this planet.

Latest posts