1969 Marshall 50W Small Box Plexi

purpleplexi

Reaction score
Wow, sounds great as usual Eddy! Great chops too man, I love your playing brother!

(I hate you,… lol)
It's OK - we all hate him....

Seriously - that is just how they ought to sound. Sadly some don't. Cue they endless discussion about why some are golden and some are just OK.

I sometimes wonder why amp design didn't stop right there. I mean what else could anyone want?

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
Unbelievably amazing, on all accounts! The IR recording lost a bit of the 3D depth and dynamics of the cabinet recording, although all the tones were there! I listened first through the comfuser speakers, and then my Advent "headphones" confirmed it! The Advents aren't actually headphones, but full size Advents, powered by a Marantz 240, at the corners of my mix desk, about three feet from my head! I think the slight addition of effects may have affected that 3D depth and dynamics just a bit, but still sounded fantastic, in it's own rites!

And yes indeed, that amp has EXACTLY all the sounds and characters that it should have!

Sounds Great!
Gene

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
………..I sometimes wonder why amp design didn't stop right there. I mean what else could anyone want?
Hahaha! This sentence reminds me of Charles H Duel, who was the Commissioner of the US Patent office in the late 1800s, and a visionary of the future, NOT.

He infamously said in 1889,… the US patent office will shrink in size and soon close because, and I quote,… “everything that can be invented has been invented”. :shock:

purpleplexi

Reaction score
Said it before - there are only 2 guitars - Gibson and Fender - and there are only 2 amps - Marshall and Fender - and one of those is a copy of the other.

Leo and Les (and a couple of Gibson employees) invented everything. The rest is all variations of what they did.

Eddylenz

Reaction score
Unbelievably amazing, on all accounts! The IR recording lost a bit of the 3D depth and dynamics of the cabinet recording, although all the tones were there! I listened first through the comfuser speakers, and then my Advent "headphones" confirmed it! The Advents aren't actually headphones, but full size Advents, powered by a Marantz 240, at the corners of my mix desk, about three feet from my head! I think the slight addition of effects may have affected that 3D depth and dynamics just a bit, but still sounded fantastic, in it's own rites!

And yes indeed, that amp has EXACTLY all the sounds and characters that it should have!

Sounds Great!
Gene
Thanks! With the stereo setup, the stereo depth changes drastically depending on the pitch shift settings. I'll have to see if I can get it to sound bigger.