1959SLP - Please Look

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I'm considering to buy this 2000 1959SLP, can any of you tell me if this looks good.

SI2oyZS.jpg

r7hiOcp.jpg

The seller describes it in great condition and the only “mod” is the master volume, and the rest as basic maintenance replacements for faulty/worn parts:

1) Replaced all 6 potentiometers (Alpha Brand) and knobs

2) Replaced all 4 power tubes (EL34) and all 3 preamp tubes(ECC83S) (all J/J brand) biased to 70%

3) Replaced all 6 filter caps (J/J brand), bias supply caps and C1 cap (all Nichicon brand)

4) Changed 47K bias resistor at R28 to a 33K resistor, to raise the bias range

5) Replaced 4n7 capacitor at C17 and 1n0 capacitor at C18 (“bright caps”) with NOS caps

6) Replaced all speaker/input jacks with new Cliff jacks, along with the 1M resistors on top input jacks

7) Installed LarMar PPIMV master volume, using PEC potentiometer and shielded wiring.

Last edited:

GIBSON67

Reaction score
The MV install looks good especially having a PEC pot but I would still ask why replace all of those parts and who did the work, M2C.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
The MV install looks good especially having a PEC pot but I would still ask why replace all of those parts and who did the work, M2C.
Lets say the amp had a catastrophic failure and all those parts needed replacing, its fixed now as I see it and clean looking work. All those parts that are replaced are minor so I see no harm done if a guy was paranoid about a 20 year old amp and replaced "old" caps etc.

Yes I will ask him who did the work and why. Thanks for your input! :yesway: