1959RR Vs JCM2000 with randy's sound in mind.

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by dreyn77, Feb 5, 2016.

1. krunchy

krunchy New Member

I've been a member here since 2008 but under a different name (computer issue for some reason)

As far as which part is poppycock lets just say the majority of it.

2. EL 34

EL 34 Well-Known Member

the g12T-75 celestions suck

3. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

Huh? Are you Dryen77? :hmm: If not, you could be his twin!

Ken

4. dreyn77

dreyn77 Well-Known Member

can you not hear that great sound they have, EL34?
    that's a shame for you!

I'm gettin a super warm marshall sound without EQ pedal!

that's great!
    G12T75's are great speakers!

they make the 1959RR amp sound incredible! esspecially with the modded channel.
    there's nothing like it out there!

Infact, I'm gonna play the amp tomorrow! ;)

5. krunchy

krunchy New Member

Yeah that's it :naughty:

6. dreyn77

Very soon I shall be checking out what the modded section on the 1959RR amp will do to the warm sounds from the G12T75 speakers.
    it should be an interesting sound effect.
    I'm sure it's well chosen by the marshall techs. ;)

7. dreyn77

maybe, just maybe this method of making that kinda sound is the best method to make that sound.

so maybe there's NO need for special speakers with this marshall technique.
    The amps mod channel would be increaseing the pressure onto the warm 'controlled' sound from the G12T75 speakers. which is a sure thing for a bigger bottomend sound from any 100watt marshall issue before.

bright warm sound with the biggest low note tones.

knowing that the G12T75 speakers can handle the scooped sound feature of the Jcm2000 amp series, it's probably a great choice for the speaker of the 1959RR amp.
    :)

8. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

Didn't RR use the SD JB pick up ? Thats whats in the bridge of my 98 RR1 :scratch:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n7EazI55zY[/ame]

9. dreyn77

RR model guitars are just general purpose product.

the specific rhoads models are containing the pickups which he used.

I was jamming today and learned a thing or 2. ;)
    it's no wonder guys have been so confused about what sounds they're making, cause those 1959 amps are spanking the speakers.

BAsicly the modded 1959 RR channel does change the tone of the celestions to a 'scooped' kinda tone, just like the Jcm2000's scooped channel.

the new MXR dist+ pedal is making the right sound on all channels BUT the sound is super bright from the input 1, normal channel, but that's what it's suppost to sound like.
    where it shines is in the modded section input 2. it makes plenty of bottom end in that section of the amp. AND you get the bonus of being able to turn the amp way down in power level.

I plugged into the JTM30 with it's HERITAGE speaker. and cranked up the amp to max EQ sound.
    I can hear how some think this sound has big mids sound from this speaker AND I can hear how celestion claims the sound has big presence to it.
    personally I think it's some kinda 'reverse made' greenback design.
    those tones seem kinda bassy and not mid rangey. the upper mids sometimes seem to be not there, which tells me it's kinda doing the opposite of what sound a greenback speaker should make.

Which suits the combo sized sound. it needs more/ or the reverse sound to a greenback to seem a better product.

I noticed how this amp made a cutting type of distortion to it's sound. it's not vintage in it's character. BUT it does sound good, while jamming along to vintage recordings.

THen I plugged into the 5010 marshall with the G12 70 speaker.
    I maxed out the amps EQ section. Straight away I noticed what some might call a 'scooped tone', but it was also a warm tone.
    those bass notes and mid notes are warm.
    what's an interesting thing about these speakers sound is, they reveal what the amp maker has been doing to there amps over the years.
    These speakers are actually making sound which is DULL when compared to today's standards.

Infact the sound was SO dull when compared to the JCM2000, this speaker was making a main sound which was duller than the DSL's crunch channel's sound.

but that amp can make the even brighter sound which can sit ontop of the crunch channels sound.

SO it's fact, the newer the amp the more the sound has definition.
    clearer, sharper, brighter. with each amp model produced, their sounds go beyond what's been done before.

I was suprised by what I found out today. what I learned was that there's many ways to make a sound which seems to have the same tone, BUT the note crispness will be different from the different ways of making that sound.

I the regular range of amps, the JCM2000's main sound and the lead sound is a double whammy package which is much crisper and brighter than the amps which preceed it.
    in the band mix it's a set of sounds which is dominating the pack.

The choice of the G12T75 speakers for the 1959RR amp is a great choice. it works well with both amp sections and provides modern skill to make the vintage amp keep up with the newer amps cutting ability in the mix.

10. jlinde1973

jlinde1973 Well-Known Member

I agree. Not their best by any means.

11. dreyn77

well start a thread about them then!
    unbelieveable info you say.