✌✌

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FullFill34, Oct 5, 2020.

1. FullFill34

FullFill34 New Member

Hey folks! Greetings from Brazil here. Found out this space some days ago and loved it. I’m about to start a Marshall build for some comps and a pair of el34 I got in my stuff(although it’s expensive and hard to find some stuff here). But there’s no rush and some need of a bigger amp for next months/year.

Kinda thinking about buying a single and simplified version of preamp section inspired in ceriatone jtm45 design, that uses a single 12ax7, and, with some mods making a power section for my el34s

2. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan. Glad you are here. Others will share their mods with you as well.
    Happy building to you and welcome. Looking forward to hear and see some of your amp mods. :cheers:

3. Micky

Micky Well-Known Member VIP Member

Greetings!

4. Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers Well-Known Member

:welcome:.........FNG buys 1st round! :pops: :thumb:

5. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:to the forum...

:cheers:

6. Trumpet Rider

Trumpet Rider Well-Known Member

Welcome. Maybe when you complete the amp you will share a video of it in action.

7. FullFill34

FullFill34 New Member

Guys still dono how to tag the ones who answer here in my phone but find hard not to just say one thing. Thank for your kind welcomes and let me know if there’s some rule that I’m not respecting.

I’m just a bit unorganized those last few days and have very few moments to dedicate to this idea as Junk Notes said. Or plan. It’s still kinda plan I guess... I’m shaping the whole idea cause money space other projects may leave it a bit hard to be the ideal thing.

it’s gonna be my 1st (tube amp) all made by my hands. The usual for me have been smaller stuff. But I had means to structure some research last 4 weeks due to vacation on my regular job.. there’s also a very nice YT channel from a brazilian guy that’s making things that we’re not clear a bit brighter in my mind. I’m kinda trying to get some hints about OT building from a friend cause it’s too expensive here. And also due to the el34s be taking kt6’s places.. tomorrow gonna go to a pawn shop I know to look for an old transformer. Maybe can use it’s FeSi and coil spool...

8. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Having a pair of EL34's and deciding to build an amp around them ?

Your in the right place my friend. Welcome !!!

9. FullFill34

FullFill34 New Member

:fingersx:Lol exactly! Must thank you all for these contents for the space and the kindness you welcomed me folks

10. FullFill34

FullFill34 New Member

I actually have been doing some stuff in my last 8 or 9 years my friend..

but usually things end up by me selling or dealing that gear to any friend. I started small due to brazilian prices and market and etc. My first tube amp was an Ibanez TSA5 and I changed it's speaker. Whe I say mod i'm kinda talking about this "level" of complexity... adding some switch is - usually - a thing for me. dono why but maybe due to my room or bedroom size and usual friend's houses in wich we decided to play... guess because of that I usually used to find adjustments for the amp-guitar interaction that allowed me to view some simple changes in the amps.

Me and those friends usually take months without gathering to play - so at those intervals I ended up selling the bigger amps I found out in good deals and kept some exploration on the smallers..

But I mean this. Just two were more than 10 watts. One 50 (an amp from a local maker called Pedrone Pegasus 50 wich I did no interference..) and one that I'm not sure if was 15 or 18 w... this second I changed some resistors at once.

Thank you dude!
    man if i tell you ... I couldn't remember "FNG" mean but rebembered some minutes ago what's it about LOL... was trying - for hours - to remenber where I heard it and it was when I was there in Dallas. My uncle's friend said it.... don't worry there are some Corona in my fridge (not a joke I actually bought a pack for those hot days - circa 113f) those little coronas are super refreshing

If I was there for sure I would buy some for us
    thank dude!

well it's gonna take some months, I guesss. every plate work, woodworking and leather or fabric stuff i'm literally gonna as I find material... but sure! I'm certainly sharing!

:D:D:D well now things are gonna be very much more complex I guess. Math and etc - that's something I've never experienced.. but I'm gathering everithing on evernote and here in this PC.

Will need help probably but this time i'm gonna avoid sending things to professionals I know or friends... Also wanna try to understand in certain definitely way how things work in the circuits stages...

And also I'm very intersted in one thing: I love working on coils. But never made a transformer... Now it's kinda my thing for this project.

This idea for this 1'st "simplified JTM" will use a standard and cheap 12v one. But OT would be a bit expensive. But.. still not sure about it. Viability, etc...

11. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

12. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member

:welcome: TO THE FORUM
    :h5::cheers:

Mitch

MarshallDog likes this.
  13. FullFill34

FullFill34 New Member

Tks Mitch!

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  14. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Welcome aboard new MF'r...:woot:

FullFill34 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  15. FullFill34

FullFill34 New Member

Tks Mr Dog! :applause::dude:

MarshallDog likes this.