WTB Jcm 2000 dsl 100 for parts

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by Mike cooper, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Mike cooper

Mike cooper Member

Looking to buy a jcm 2000 dsl 100 for parts

2. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the amp

3. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Why don't you just figure out which component(s) on the board have failed, that's leaving your red led dimly lit when on the the green channel, and is probably contributing to the popping when changing channels. This is the issue you're trying to remedy, and why you've been looking for the front most board correct?..myself I'd find the root of the problem.

4. Mike cooper

Mike cooper Member

I’ve tried to find it,I’ve seen online a lot of people have had the same problem with no remedy,I’m not an expert amp guy but have sent it to one with no luck either

5. Mike cooper

Mike cooper Member

While on the green channel the red channel LED is dimly on too,no channel bleed,can’t figure it out so thought maybe if I can find one with a bad main board like a lot of them do I can compare both,found one forum where a guy replaced a bunch of stuff with no luck and figured/told it was the front board

6. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

All the power on that board wants to go to ground. If traces are not insulated enough it can leak to ground. Tube amp voltages are high enough to do this. Hang on to that some day some one will make replacement boards for it

7. custom53

custom53 Well-Known Member

I am thinking about selling my JCM2000 DSL 100 watt and my JCM2000 TSL 100 watt. They both have blown the main fuse.. But the DSL is working fine after I replaced the fuse. But the TSL isn't with the correct size fuse. Not sure what price to ask for either of them..

Marshall JCM2000 DSL.jpg

Marshall TSL.jpg

8. Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers Well-Known Member

Where did you find the pointer knobs that fit the "D" shaft pots?

9. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

If you would be so kind as to throw up an asking price as a starting point, I'd be glad to consider it. The DSL100 in certain incarnations is known to be a bit of a problem child, but it sounds good when the bias drift problem is corrected. I would not mind taking on a problem child as a project amp.