Would someone mind weighing in?

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by musicsoma, Aug 16, 2019.

1. musicsoma

musicsoma New Member

I am very new to the world of Marshall but have owned a ton of vintage gear, mostly Fender and Vox amps.

I bought a cab that came with a 1969 50W tremolo head a while back. I’m in process of selling off most of my gear collection due to kiddos and space, but I don’t exactly know how to price this cab.

I opened it up and found it was loaded with a quad set of Celestion greenbacks (g12M). They have original cones, and I believe they are the bass model (102 014).

In any case, can anyone give me an idea of where I should list or how much o should ask? I feel like I saw the same model listed for $3k on eBay a while back. Mine seems like it’s in better shape. Does this amount seem like a reasonable place to start?

I’m in Northern California, and any advice would be much appreciated.

tce63 likes this.
  2. soundboy57

soundboy57 Well-Known Member

Lot's of pictures needed. Condition is everything :)
    Especially the condition of the speakers.

3. 79 2203

79 2203 Active Member

I paid 2k AU for a flat out amazing sounding 68 B cab with pre-Rola Greenbacks but it has been re-tolexed(poorly)and re-grilled(in black) . Non original logo too.

I can't imagine you wouldn't get at least 3k for a mint 69. They are absolutely worth it too as they are just as crucial as the amp for an authentic late 60's / early 70's tone.

4. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member

Pics...
    Check Reverb site

And :welcome: to the forum, Cheers :cheers:

5. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

You lucky dog, you. That's such a nice problem to have. I wish you were near me and I wish I could afford to pay a true fair price for that cabinet.

Anything less than 2000 dollars would be undervalued. The empty cabinet would fetch maybe a grand (heck, maybe more, I don't know how dedicated some collectors are) and the quad of speakers is easily worth more than a grand.

I'd suggest that you keep the Marshall and this cabinet and sell off everything else. It's all you need to sound great.