Why Don't Hard Rock & Metal Bands Do Well In America?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Vinsanitizer, Mar 17, 2019.

1. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Got one!

2. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Even in the 60's-70's the 3 minuet tune was standard. Steve Miller was a genius at cranking out 2:30 second hits. But you are correct, people's attention spans are very short. You can't expect people to follow intricate melodies when all they are hearing now is drum based tunes.

Phony iommi likes this.
  3. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

4. Dogs of Doom

back in the '60s, they deemed that 3:23 is the standard mark to aim for (& it's been standard ever since). In the '50s, it was even shorter.

People have been trained to not only have short attention spans, but also to crave a barrage of different things coming at them from all directions.

Watch a movie from 30 years ago. 30 years ago, that was fast paced, but, now it drags. Try watching a movie from 60 years ago...

Nowdays, movie dialogues are set up so that people don't even finish sentences before the next person starts in. It's like how people write 5 paragraphs online in 1 long sentence w/o punctuation. When you watch old movies, like Gone W/ the Wind, people actually reflect that they are listening to each other & care what each other are saying.

Notice how people are always talking over each other, all the time?

It helps in keeping people easily distracted. It also feeds into addictive personality disorders. Give kids adderal/ritalin & barrage their minds w/ incessant imagery & sound & make that "normal".

I remember when Animaniacs came out. I couldn't even watch it, it was so hyperactive. Now days, that's slo-mo, in the information age. It's by design...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  5. LPMarshall hack

LPMarshall hack Well-Known Member

They have MTV Classic on direct tv. They play older videos and shows

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  6. Phony iommi

Phony iommi Well-Known Member

I love the classic story of paranoid. Record company says the albums too short, you need a few more minutes so they whipped that tune out in an hour. War pigs was the intended album title but that short catchy song was the hit. Perhaps they are responsible for this musical debacle we are in today. Damn, now I have to change my moniker.:mad2:

7. Dogs of Doom

the original lyrics to Warpigs were very radio unfriendly. They were made to clean them up, although Hand of Doom was pretty dark as well, talking about shooting heroin in Vietnam...

Adieu and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  8. dragonvalve

dragonvalve Well-Known Member

The reason why rock is not present in the U.S. is because the CIA went to MTV years ago and told them to stop rotating rock videos and play hip-hop and rap. The dumbing down of America was in full force decades ago when Charlotte Iserbyt was working for the Department of Education, which is reason why she quit and wrote the Deliberate Dumbing Down of America.

Under the plan of full spectrum dominance, everything is being turned upside down, art is being sabotaged to be ugly and senseless to create idiocracy in the minds of the youth.

They don't want anyone to know what is good.

So watching a musician wail on guitars and drums, keyboards has been stifled because that will only inspire the mind to wonder what else is being hidden.

Note that hip-hop was pushed to the forefront with MTV acts like KRISS KROSS wearing those backwards "prison whore" low waist pants. They used children to erase images of rock heroes so they could be supplanted by images of senselessness.

Let's see if this post doesn't get taken down by the owners of the site, afraid they will lose their incomes for being censored.

Rock is a sign of intelligence. This is what the powers that be don't want.

You can see it everywhere. They've changed the music to make guitars go away.

And replaced it with anything that does not show off talent and dexterity!

Meanwhile the "soy boy" raised on soy milk formulas is being transformed into wimps who have no balls and is another part of full spectrum dominance, working through food and nutrition.

Being force-fed mental weakness is the plan!

They don't want anyone capable of CRITICAL THINKING!

They want you to think that ugly is beautiful and that beautiful is ugly!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  9. dragonvalve

Radio unfriendly? How does that compare to Snoop Dogg putting out a video that shows him shooting POTUS? Or Eminem doing something similar with his lyrics?

Has nothing to do with "cleaning" anything up and more to do with destroying anything that makes sense.

As long as musicians are being held back and forums like this won't print the truth for fear of being censored, music will change into radio commercials ala Demolition Man.

[​IMG]

10. AlanH

AlanH Well-Known Member

I think Britain suffers in the same way as the US. Metal is simply uncool and frowned upon. In continental European countries they are far more accepting of it.....

I just returned from a holiday on the Spanish island of La Palma (beautiful place BTW). We went on a coach tour in the island and, as is commonly the case with such trips, they stop you off at some small, rural village restaurant for lunch. While we're in there sipping a small glass of wine to wash down our tapas on comes Iron Maiden with Powerslave. :dude:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Adieu and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  11. dragonvalve

I don't want your big city shining.
    I don't want your silver lining.
    I don't wanna be a tattooed millionaire.

[​IMG]

12. Classicplayer

Classicplayer Active Member

I think one big reason why Metal may not be “the thing” here is that guitar’s and guitaring haven't been so ubiquitous as in past music eras. Face it, guitars have been, since the Beatles explosion, riding high in the music world and replacing one of the premier instruments of the first half of the 20th century.....the glorious saxophone.

Add in the proliferation of more offshoots of Rock, add a heaping dose of electronic gadgets all competing for our attention at once, and the shorter attention span we the masses have now acquired, and is it any wonder that int-erest in guitar-based music seems to be losing ground?

Classicplayer

13. dragonvalve

The short attention span is part of the reconfiguration of the brain through smart phones, video games. Again, FULL SPECTRUM DOMINANCE. It's not just one reason, but all reasons.

Money has been spent and production has been channeled through systems controlled by these groups.

Funny you mention the Beatles. Lennon was killed because he was a CIA operative and he wanted out.

Factor in that music, even since the 60's was controlled using psychology and drugs. Enter Tim Leary and his push of LSD on musicians infiltrating the ranks of hit makers to alter the brain and erase some of the psyche to accept the next wave of music and ideas.

Leaving music's popularity to people is erroneous. Music trends are guided and controlled. Has little to do with people's tastes because those tastes are being manipulated at every step.

The reason guitar is not popular is because it is seen as a revolutionary instrument. Same for organ.

Enter Max Martin, at the helm of many a hit and the few that control the music scene now:

14. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

Do we have a Conspiracy Theory Forum yet?
    BP

Adieu likes this.
  15. dragonvalve

Not unless conspiracy fact is considered a theory...
    Tim Leary in 1967 went in front of a camera and admitted the CIA was responsible for using drugs to spur the counter culture.
    Also in 1967 Dr. Sidney Cohen went on video tape admitting the CIA used as test subjects for LSD, people who later went on to proselytize for the use of the drug.
    From the Washington Post on June 11, 1973:
    [​IMG]
    If we want to turn a blind eye to how music is being manipulated, then a thread like this is useless and the subject should not be entertained. And being a musician should be relegated to mimics, poseur-moving in front of a Gopro and showing everyone how good he/she copped every lick in some guitar god's songs and that their particular brand/model/issue of guitars and gear are part of his/her arsenal.:jam:

According to Jan Irvin of logosmedia.com his investigations spout Lennon, The Grateful Dead and the Doors as being part of a CIA operation with Bob Weir himself admitting same.
    John Perry Barlow of the Electronic Freedom (Frontier) Foundation, songwriter for the CIA, was a lyricist for the Grateful Dead. Family of the Mellon Banking corporation funded the Grateful Dead, ran the Millbrook Mansion, owned by Billy Mellon Hitchcock and his sister.

Silicon Valley higher-ups are on some sort of mind control drug.

It's silly to think that music moves on its own and that people decide for themselves what they consider the next trend, that all this bubbles up like some mindless serendipity of chaos in motion and that people by themselves choose the next trend.
    It is chosen FOR THEM.

Watch Jan irvin interview Dr. Hans Utter
    “Music, Mind Control, and Psychobiology"

tubes likes this.
  16. tubes

tubes Well-Known Member

I believe I grasp the thrust of your points dragonvalve.

For one thing I love - by way of a perverse and difficult proclivity - to digest every species of what is usually referred to as conspiracy theory.

But I suspect you are being unfair to this forum and its owners when you say:

In order to credibly say this you would need to know:
    - the identities of the owners
    - the sources of their income
    - the parties who would be in a position to censor the owners or cause them to lose their income
    - the balance of power: i.e. the amount of leverage the owners would have in the event that some party aimed to censor the owners and the owners were inclined to resist

(If you know all these things you know a heck of a lot more than I know and I admire the extent of the research you have carried out in advance of adding less than half a dozen posts.)

And you are very probably unfair when you say:

QUOTE="dragonvalve, post: 1822479, member: 10619"]
    ...and forums like this won't print the truth for fear of being censored...
    [/QUOTE]

For one thing, we strain to imagine what "like this" might amount to.
    Do you mean forums like the ones dedicated to a specific brand of guitar amplifier? Or something else?

And again, as mentioned above, in order to claim this you would need to know details about the owners and about parties that would be in a position to censor them.

I suppose I am in my 'long winded' mode tonight.

And welcome to the forum.

17. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

I hear Miley is actually a reptilian overlord in disguise!

Admittedly a great disguise. You would think the reptiles would figure out a way to disguise the blinking too though. Lucky for us they don't.

Adieu likes this.
  18. dragonvalve

For one thing, we strain to imagine what "like this" might amount to.
    Do you mean forums like the ones dedicated to a specific brand of guitar amplifier? Or something else?

And again, as mentioned above, in order to claim this you would need to know details about the owners and about parties that would be in a position to censor them.

I suppose I am in my 'long winded' mode tonight.

And welcome to the forum.[/QUOTE]

Do I detect a straw man fallacy?:dude:

Been a member since 2010 but thanks for the welcome!

Glad you liked the post, "tubes."

Hopefully I'm proven wrong and my posts remain posted saving any loss of face for the owners of this illustrious forum! But seeing as how many forums police threads like this so as to remain up and running (and we can't blame them) I presented a caveat in case my posts did not see the light of day and held no grudge against an owner of the forum.

They would be in their rights to delete a post as they see fit!

We should continue to play rock and metal even if the music industry is shadow banning the genre.

tubes and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  19. tubes

tubes Well-Known Member

I very much wanted to have a snappy, amusing reply to this important question.

But all I could come up with was something like: "Why do you ask? Are you a CIA shill?"

Meanwhile I am impressed at how Vin's thread about metal has moved along.

20. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

" Shill" is above my pay grade.
    BP