When are there supposed to be Golden years ?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by ibmorjamn, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

I hit “like “ because I see you have quite a bit more than I. I do have genetic condition that makes me more likely to get one of the most terrible things. I am sorry slide22 to be complaining while you have such horrible things. I wish you the best.

Mitchell Pearrow and slide222 like this.
  2. ibmorjamn

Not exactly , “ road to nowhere”

3. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

People as a whole are ignorant and dont stick together then add those who think they can be solve issues buy giving everything to some people and well there you have it...boom!!!

ibmorjamn likes this.
  4. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

It came to me, without Googling,I might add, that they ( the years ) are referred to as "golden" due to the fact that they are precious, as in gold being one of the most valuable of metals/substances,what have you. And the reason those " golden years " are so precious is because there are not many left before our passing. So when do those years start.? I don't know officially but I guess upon retirement, so at 65-67 years of age? So based on current averages, at that point we have 10 years left to live. That makes those years pretty dam precious and " golden ".
    Wadayathink?
    BP

5. Madfinger

Madfinger Well-Known Member

History has proven that it doesn't matter how old or what you look like if you can shred your a bonified chick magnet! Don't believe me as Keith.

Sustainium likes this.
  6. ibmorjamn

I like playing guitar , my wife and I have been to a lot of places we wanted to go and we did while we could so physically we could snorkel in the warm water currents. I should not complain but I have kept a lot to myself. This latest catastrophe sucks because now I will likely have to argue with the insurance company.

DaDoc likes this.
  7. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

The golden years are what you make of them.it takes management skills and planning to make it work. I lot of people are born to be poor and stupid . You have to take charge of things to get what you want. If you think working 40 hours a week is all you have to do you are sinking.stay in school

Mitchell Pearrow and ibmorjamn like this.
  8. BanditPanda

Yes I think it is factual that the majority of people on this planet are poor. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the majority is stupid however under educated fits the bill.
    BP

Mitchell Pearrow and MarshallDog like this.
  9. G the wildman

G the wildman Well-Known Member

We live in a Capitalist society. Exploiting each other. There are a few winners to dozens in second place.

being a winner does not exempt you from crap.

you just got to find distractions if you you can't wipe it off.

DaDoc likes this.
  10. MarshallDog

Being stupid and uneducated is two different things. I know many highly educated people that are basically stupid and many uneducated that are highly intelligent.

Matter of fact, many successful millionaires are not educated and failed out of college...there you go!

BftGibson, jimmyjames, DaDoc and 2 others like this.
  11. South Park

It is all about managing your resources. Some people get that some don’t. You can’t give to some body and you can’t take it away.

DaDoc likes this.
  12. Geeze

Geeze Well-Known Member

It's all a matter of perspective. I've lived in my car and I've owned my own home. I am stubborn to the point of foolishness at times and expect to work at something my entire life because of it. Divorced but was able to raise a fine young man [actually he drug me kicking and screaming into adulthood] who is more dedicated, focused and successful than I ever was at his age. I'm not stupid - I aced calculus in college but I couldn't hold still for four years. It took three tries to let that get a degree thing go.

I've owned my own company until I hated it - I refuse to work 12-14 hour days as I work to live not live to work. My life has had long spans of quality contentment with the occasional dollop of fecal matter - some self inflicted, some health related.

I'm in an industry where I'm nationally known [small industry though] if I was twenty something [almost 3X ago] I'd be an influencer :facepalm: - as it is I'm an old fart know actually knows some stuff and enjoy helping others to be successful.

Golden years? I don't know but I manage to have lots of golden moments, golden hours and numerous golden days. The peaks are hanging / jamming out with my son/family, working a project or volunteering with friends, completing a wood project or getting that HOLY SHIT KABOOM of a new idea to design / build.

Maybe my buddy is right - The only easy day was yesterday. But right now I'm feeling grateful and I wish you all the best!

Russ

13. BanditPanda

Dawg...what's your point ? That the majority of people in the world are stupid or that stupid people can be successful. lol
    BP

14. South Park

You are right it is all in how you look at things. You can not buy happiness .you creat your own luck in life .good karma or karma bus

DaDoc likes this.
  15. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

I don't consider anything golden about degenerative disease, hair loss, failing eyesight, financial insecurity, immobility, loss of sex drive and all the other shit that goes with the age range. My golden age occurred between the ages of 15 to19. I was in Taiwan, couldn't work so i lived of money my mom gave me. All i did was drink, play guitar, ride my motorcycle, and cavort with the sweet little yum-yums. Although i never fully realized at the time just how good i had it i sure do now.

Since i came back to the states it's basicially been work my ass off.

16. BanditPanda

Ah yes...."the occasional dollop of fecal matter":applause:
    Well said.
    BP

17. BanditPanda

Yes. Officially I believe 15-19 are referred to as the Yum Yum Years© which by the way happens to be the name of my new album.:drool:
    :cheers:
    BP

DaDoc, anitoli and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  18. MarshallDog

You mention poor, then you state you dont think the majority are stupid and then comment on education.

What Im simply saying stupid and eduction levels dont always go hand in hand. And if one looks at what goes on in American many educated and/or wealthy people make the dumbest decisions comments and will believe anything and to me that = stupid. Like my original comment, I believe a high majority of people in this Country are just stupid regardless if they are poor or level of education. Like Larry says “you cant fix stupid”.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    DaDoc and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  19. BanditPanda

What you're discussing is the meaning of " stupid " right?
    If you come out of university with a Bachelor/Masters /PHD then clearly you're not stupid.
    Similarly if you drop out of high school it doesn't mean you're stupid although generally speaking it is the wrong decision.(There are reasons when there is no choice.)
    Safe to say that the poor of this world are under educated. It does not mean they are stupid.
    Like most things in this world " stupid " is relative.
    If I may refer to a previous comment wherein the poster said he had " aced " his calculus exam.
    You would say hey that guy must be pretty smart (as in not stupid).
    However if we took him into your world and asked him "how much can you bench press " and he says "What's a bench press ?" you might say " What are ya, stupid ?"
    Stupidity diminishes as the level of education increases.
    Just because I can't bench press my own body weight doesn't mean I'm weak when you take into consideration that I can squat 300.
    Lol..I'm not even sure if I'm on point here however there's my take on it at this point of my evolution.:cheers:
    BP

20. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

The shit is getting really deep here, deep enough to I state my postulate on the two available roles to mankind.

You can be a dick or an ass. These roles may change many times in your life (in my life they change daily), because sometimes you're fucking something and then everything changes and you are being fucked by someone else. as any sexual intercourse: enjoy your time.

ibmorjamn, Mitchell Pearrow and DaDoc like this.