When are there supposed to be Golden years ?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by ibmorjamn, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

Life has a way of kickin your ass .

DaDoc, tce63, slide222 and 6 others like this.
  2. LRT#1

LRT#1 Well-Known Member

Every day

3. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Golden years are not guaranteed. They can occur at any point in your life. Problem is when it is happening you most likely will not see it until it is long over.

MK333, DaDoc, JimiRules and 5 others like this.
  4. Crikey

Crikey Well-Known Member

Every day is golden. My problems are miniscule compared to others. I am blessed and i am thankful for yet another day. Go crank your amp until the cops come to tell you to turn it down. Youll feel better.

Jethro Rocker, MK333, DaDoc and 5 others like this.
  5. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

When you piss into the wind :wow:

Simply everyday its all good!!!

6. ibmorjamn

Everyday , Blue collar workers are scheduled to work until 67 while the government gets full retirements and medical . That is if we can make it until 67 and that is the point after all the crap I been through with work lately it is quite discouraging . I know my problems are minor compared to others but we are all expected to reach the age so we can pay for others to retire. The system sucks and before someone says it , right I didn't plan for it. But I did move to where I thought would be a better place to retire.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    DaDoc, Söulcaster, Lo-Tek and 3 others like this.
  7. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

To where did you move, may I ask?
    BP

netlocal likes this.
  8. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

I hear you loud and clear dude. I've spent most of my life breaking my back just to make some other asshole wealthy while I am the wage slave. And I'll never retire at this rate. Meanwhile, my short time in this life is simply passing me by. If I ever do manage to make it to retirement, I will be far too old, beat up and used, to be able to do many of the things that I want to do with my single use, short time here.

This doesn't sit well with me and it never has.

I don't have any kind of answer or solution, but I'm always trying to find one. A way out of wage slavery.

Today I embark on yet another 14 hour work day, just like yesterday and the day before and the day before that...and I'll bust ass and work hard, just like every other day. But I hate it. We're all conditioned to believe that if we aren't busy at a job all day every day, that we are wasting our lives and contributing nothing. I strongly disagree. I feel like my life is being wasted laboring for peanuts, and then I'm asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so. If I could, I would leave the rat race and go be self sufficient on a little piece of land somewhere. Sounds very much more satisfying.

But, I am a wage slave, totally dependent on that paycheck that always seems to be just shy of just enough.

Anyway man, thoughts like these have haunted me too. Hang in there.

9. lespaul339

lespaul339 Well-Known Member

Something I try to think about is everyone has shit going on in their life that you may not be aware of. So just try to be kind to people because you never know the personal struggles of someone else. Some people have a lot more on their plate than others, some struggle more than others, but everyone has low points here and there. Just try to see the positive things when you're dealing with the negative and get through it best you can.

MK333, DaDoc, netlocal and 3 others like this.
  10. ibmorjamn

Small business might be the only solution but then I don't know what pains go with that.
    We line up to be buried essentially. Lmao
    Oh and my solution is not turn up the amp to get the neighbors to call the cops. I doubt they can hear it.
    I just go in to metal writing mode. right MC ?

DaDoc, Mitchell Pearrow and mcblink like this.
  11. ibmorjamn

You are so right LP339 , It has been about my job lately and me moving which shot myself in the foot. Lost my old job that was secure with the RR down sizing it is a snow ball effect from there. Resume at 59 . Last week our shop burned down. Just before winter .

12. lespaul339

lespaul339 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. That's a lot of stuff to deal with all at once. I sincerely hope things turn around for you. It will get better. Just hang in there!

DaDoc, ibmorjamn and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  13. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

Absolutely. That's what I do anyway, when the opportunity presents itself.

We do what we can, to enjoy what we can, when we can.

DaDoc, ibmorjamn and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  14. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

everyday...

some days are good, some are bad, but it's all cyclic. keep in mind that in a while all the shit you're living will be gone and you'll be stronger. The main thing is never to forget that YOU are responsible for YOUR life and YOUR ACTIONS will define you. Don't blame de government, your neighbour or someone else. Take this responsibility and become the main character in your life.

It's really important to feel that way, because all the energy you would spend blaming someone/something else you will channel to change something in your life.

and in the end of the day, we learn a LOT MORE during the hard days, so figure out what do you have to learn now. As soon as you learn it, as soon these days will be over.

15. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Im betting anywheres south!!

ibmorjamn and BanditPanda like this.
  16. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

His avatar indicates North !!
    A ha ha and I note you are now living in Taintville!!!! LMAO
    BP

ibmorjamn and MarshallDog like this.
  17. slide222

slide222 Well-Known Member

diagnosed kidney cancer grade3 summer 2009, secondry to my brain diagnosed November 11th 2011-mediclly retired that day a few weeks later told it was months not years , and here I am just got my driving license back 4 weeks ago , getting back into kite landboarding (something I've done since 2003 at Brancaster beach,norfolk ) so i'm thinking this is my golden age , 57 not as handsome as I was , but my guitar playing is better than its ever been , and I've got my style really sorted now , been playing since early teens ,my singing is vastly improved ,got a little van to get me to the beach , and I got some new depowerable foil kites to play with and I've kept myself pretty heathy, so i'm good to go:)

18. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

+1
    I get what you guys are talking about.
    The last several decades have not been kind to blue collar workers.

19. SmokeyDopey

SmokeyDopey Well-Known Member VIP Member

After a literal or symbolic death. An internal transformation begins, the alchemical process of turning base metal into gold.
    It is our great work.

DaDoc, Söulcaster, ibmorjamn and 2 others like this.
  20. ibmorjamn

No sir , Northwest USA.
    I am not trying to blame government exactly . The fact is I just wonder if people are numb to ignore the things that are locked in stone . They raised the retirement to cover the heavy spending. How can anyone just ignore it ?

What I am getting at is we accept this mostly I guess we know there isn’t shit we can do and please , no voting is not a solution.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    DaDoc likes this.