What's The Deal With The Low Price Jubilees?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by chiliphil1, Feb 11, 2017.

1. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of you guys. Wish I had the cash to scoop one up.

2. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

Buy one from Sweetwater and pay it out over 3 years ! lol

3. Buzzard

Buzzard Active Member

Got one coming tomorrow(new one) cause the last one was a factory re-sale . almost burnt my office down.it had 2 tubes that were blazing red hot!humming and vol. dropping up and down.$1049 349 down and 3 months to pay.

4. kinleyd

kinleyd Well-Known Member

It has the same tubes (12AX7/ECC83 pre-amps and EL34 power amps) so it should be spot-on on that front. While I'm not sure about transformers and other components that also affect the tone, and I've not seen comparisons between the 2555x and the 2525, the general consensus I've seen on many posts here is that tonally the Mini is pretty much akin to the 2555x.

5. chiliphil1

They've turned me down for financing several times. That option is out.

If I had it I would go to zzounds. They do 8 payments and will approve me but they're like $160 a month and I can't do that right now.

6. wmachine

wmachine Member

"Are they being discontinued or not?" We'll see. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Doesn't make any sense to me that they would blow-out price them if they *weren't* being discontinued. I know some dealers have accepted orders and have them backordered. But that does not mean they will be getting any more.

7. joec63

joec63 New Member

I don't know what to believe. Speaking with my Sweetwater rep he rejected the idea they're being canceled. I had sent him an email earlier in the day asking if he could/would match the $999 price. When he didnt respond by lunch I grabbed one from ebay. Later in the day we spoke and he said it was a good thing because he couldnt match and didnt know how they were selling at this price. So who knows, he may be just giving me the line.

8. atarilovesyou

atarilovesyou Member

First, too bad these Jubes aren't being 'blown out' here in Canada! Long and McQuade still have then at well over 2k CDN. With shipping and exchange, they're still a great deal but I'd hate to see how much shipping would be (I'm not even sure if Sweetwater ships something that big up here), plus the brokerage fee adding more to the cost.

Also, wasn't it known from the beginning that the silver tolex models were only going to made available for a year, after which they would be going to the black head shell?...and become part of the standard line up? I'm pretty sure that's what I read, right here in fact.

Anyways, I hope they keep em. And at the sub 1k price, I'm sure that people are in fact buying them to flip later...but I'd be careful. I don't think the silver (grey, whatever) tolex is popular, I know I would prefer a black one. Kinda like the blue Satriani JVM...I still see those on demo floors. But if they outright discontinue the jube (which I don't think is going to happen: the Satch is still available, and there's no way they're moving more of those than the jube), then I'm sure they will fetch 2k in a couple years.

Personally? I think 1k Marshalls should be the norm!...why these amps are 15k (usually much more than 2k in Canada!) is beyond me. Marshall should be affordable. The fact they aren't is also why they're not as popular as other lines. But that's another discussion.

kinleyd likes this.
  9. 67mike

67mike Active Member

I have heard 2 different stories on this situation:

1) Discontinued.

2) Large retailer cancelled order, ended up with huge surplus of stock.

My opinion is #2 is BS.

I LOVE the Silver. I now have 2 silver heads and a slant cab. Stunning, especially with the chrome!!!! You may have differing opinion.

NO WAY ON EARTH will these stay at $999. Ain't gonna happen.

Jethro Rocker and kinleyd like this.
  10. chiliphil1

I just hope that IF they continue the model and go to black tolex that they will keep the chrome chassis. So nice looking.

11. wmachine

wmachine Member

I have another one on backorder at MF price matched at $999. If it doesn't happen, NBD. If it does, I'll take the 8% back and sell it.

At least this sounds like a plausible explanation of what is going on.

joec63 likes this.
  12. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member

I have options on tolex color..I have an empty 800 headshell. 14873219768809087364.jpg Or I may have to find a silver cab. I kinda like the silver, jiust not on a black cab

kinleyd and 67mike like this.
  13. 67mike

67mike Active Member

Chrome looks cool.....it shows fingerprints/ smudges though.

14. Buzzard

Buzzard Active Member

Just got my replacement 2555x (no sound coming out)WTF! same thing I experienced at g.c. when they first came out.Drove an hour and a half to try one out and no sound.I guess Im just not meant to have one.

15. 67mike

67mike Active Member

You sure you got seaker connected properly, volumes up a bit, ect....

16. Buzzard

Buzzard Active Member

The amps at my office now.Gonna go home and get another speaker cable and guitar cable and try that tomorrow.Hooked it up to 16 ohm on head and 16 ohm to 4-12 jubilee cab.the cab is fine ,guitar cord is good,turned all knobs up .noticed the lead master is very stiff .head also has a ding into the wood on front but no damage to box.Dont know how they can ship 2 amps that dont work.

17. Gunner64

Geezus that blows. If mine so much as has a scratch on a knob its going back...fast.. No doubt about it..new is new. It should be perfect in everyway, cosmetic and operational. I'd be on the phone asap conveying my feelings in a way thats a bit harsher than the with the first return thats for sure.

18. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member

They may come out with a black model but right now only the minis are on Marshalls website.

19. walshb

walshb Member

I bought my *demo* Mini combo from Sweetwater, and it arrived damaged in shipping, a big hole in the front grill. Sweetwater sent me a brand new amp as soon as I dropped off the damaged one at UPS. Now, that is service!

kinleyd and joec63 like this.
  20. Gunner64

Hmm. Thats interesting..that the 100w isnt listed on the Marshall website.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017