What the hell Gibson :'D

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by GuitarIV, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

Some of those Japanese Strats are killer, still had crap electronics though.

tce63 likes this.
  2. LRT#1

LRT#1 Well-Known Member

That's a word you don't hear often now day but use to be quite common

Sustainium and tce63 like this.
  3. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

When buying from a legitimate online dealer, I see no problem buying most guitars without ever playing it first provided that the dealer clearly states/communicates their return/exchange/refund policy on such items. It is extremely unwise to purchase anything online nowadays without clear understanding of the buyer protections offered by each company/dealer. If the return/exchange/refund policy is unclear, you can send an email to a representative for clarification (and save the email in case there is an clear problem with the item once you take possession). Additionally, don't tear open the box to pieces in your excitement/impatience/whatever; repack with the exact same sh*t the dealer/seller used so that dealer/seller can't say you didn't pack properly and therefore can't honor the return-it happens).

I will say that business practices change from time to time for a variety of reasons, and so it doesn't surprise me if a sh*ty dealer/seller transitions to better quality and vice versa. And because business practices change do change, you gotta go with the basics: know your buyer protections offered by each dealer/seller. It's an imperfect world, so cover yourself.

I, too, have had the misfortune of purchasing a guitar online, which arrive with a broken pickup selector switch. Thankfully, the return process was quick and easy (company sent me a new replacement even before they receiving the damage guitar).

Sh*t happens in an imperfect world, so cover you a$$.

stephan_l, tce63 and MarshallDog like this.