What are your favorite cheapy pedals?

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by bobpick68, Nov 10, 2019.

1. bobpick68

bobpick68 Well-Known Member

Yup for sure!

jmp45 likes this.
  2. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

I'll have to check that out . Ive sworn by the 250 for near 40 years
    It would be perfect for my mini / airplane board
    Thanks for the tip

stringtree and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  3. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

It's an amazing pedal, the only downside is the volume pot is inside (trimpot). in my case the volume is always on 10, because I use it as a boost or like yngwie.

stringtree and bobpick68 like this.
  4. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

I figured the pot was inside
    I looked it up, looks like they changed it , level & gain on the outside and some kind of toggle switch ....EQ variation or something ,perhaps

5. johnfv

johnfv Well-Known Member

The Donner stuff has been pretty impressive for me. The Boost Killer is a favorite, I have multiples of them. Looks to be the same as the Mooer Pure Boost - a clean boost with a bit of gain/OD available and tone controls.
    https://www.donnerdeal.com/products...ler-guitar-effect-pedal-rich-distortion-sound
    [​IMG]

The Yellow Fall is a surprisingly good compact echo.
    https://www.donnerdeal.com/products/donner-yellow-fall-delay-guitar-effect-pedal-true-bypass

The DeltaLab stuff was good too, I have the analog chorus and OD.

6. houseofrock

houseofrock Well-Known Member

7. progrockabuse

progrockabuse Member

I've currently got 3-4 of the cheap mini pedals, which i brought since i had my Origin 20. I've found the origin to be a great pedal platform compared to my Orange Dual Terror that was very picky about what pedals it played nicely with.

Currently favourite is the NUX Brownie, which is pretty much a Plexi in a pedal kinda deal. I've been using it with the gain around 9/10 o clock and volume and tone to taste. Pretty convincing at lower volumes and the dynamics you can achieve from pick attack and guitar's controls are amazing. I'd say i like it as much as i liked my SL drive when i had it, so not too bad for a £12 pedal.

I've got the Mosky Klon clone which is a pretty nice od, i like to chain this after the Nux Brownie for a nice mid-rich boost for lead work.

For delay, I've got a cheap analogue delay from a company called Muzizy, which is just a rebadge of some of the other cheap Chinese pedals. That was only £12 as well, and again not a bad little delay pedal. As long as i can get the "Run Like Hell" delay setting going, then that delay is a winner for me, and this one does it with some careful setting of the level and feedback.

I miss my old Danelectro PB&J delay pedal, that was great for the £30-40 it cost me new back in the day.

8. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

Agreed they’re amazing. I own the corona chorus and flashback delay minis both hooked up to my DSL 40CR. Kicks ass.

rick16v likes this.
  9. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

mosky pedals are a great surprise. give a try to the blue delay (mad professor), one of the best delays I´ve owned.

progrockabuse likes this.
  10. progrockabuse

progrockabuse Member

I keep seeing that one and think it's worth grabbing.

Currently on a quest to find a decent cheap octavia or fuzz face.

11. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

12. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

That’s too bad, I still have both of mine. Don’t see them going anywhere.
    But as they say, play what inspires you.
    Cheers

stringtree likes this.
  13. wntbtw

wntbtw Active Member

I have 2 Joyo pedals--'Crunch Distortion' [which, if you want MASSIVE BOOSTED overdrive, this is a great pedal as it gets so LOUD! It`s a fun pedal even w/ the volume set at 'unity']. And I also have their phase shifter which also is a fun if you want that 'swirly stuff'. I just ordered their version of the classic Tubescreamer ['Vintage Overdrive'] & based on the reviews, I look forward to seeing what it can do. I am really not 'into' pedals because I mainly play at low/bedroom volumes but just am curious. The tones I like are given to me thru either of my two 20w hot-rodded Ceriatone amps [Yeti & Chupacabra]. I play these OD pedals [as I also have the SD-1, Danelectro 'Transparent OD V-1', & the 'Bad Monkey'] thru the Low Input of my JCM 800 2204 combo at a low volume.